“Excellent location and amenity for a family holiday”

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Brisbane, Australia
“Excellent location and amenity for a family holiday”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This was our first trip to New York. The location is excellent, being less than 10 minutes walk to the subway and only 10 minutes to see all the sights of Manhattan. We had a balcony room on the 16th floor with excellent views over to Manhattan. Wow! The kids enjoyed the pancakes at breakfast at the hotel so much we ended up having breakfast there everyday before venturing out to do our sight seeing. We also enjoyed, and filled up on the buffet breakfast each day and ate dinner there a couple of times. The quality was great and the staff very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to experience the spectacular view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank wayne b
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you filling up the next time with us! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you and your family!

From the Holiday Inn Manhattan View Family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was our second trip to New York and second time staying at this hotel. It is close to the subway stop and the N train that takes you to most of the main attractions in the city. Luis was wonderful!!! He made our trip even better than we planned. He was very knowledgeable about the subway and how to navigate everywhere. We never got lost once on this trip. He also had some good suggestions for good places to eat close by the hotel. This was nice when you were tired and hungry and didn't want to go into the city. Luis is one of the many reasons we will go back to New York and stay at the Holiday Inn-Manhattan View, Long Island City.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher level. We could hear street noise and car alarms going off at night. Also...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer B
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property for yet a second time! We appreciate your kind feedback concerning your stay and our associates especially Luis. Luis really knows the area and is great resource and has great recommedations. We look forward to your 3rd visit! Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday!!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Well, let me first start off by saying this is not what I was expecting, but I have to say in good humor, this was excellent. The neighborhood is dirty, scary, and new construction was in progress everywhere!!! Nice transportation to the Metro Subway, the taxis were CRAZY so, were the people!!! When my girlfriend and I arrived to the hotel, Luis, was EXCELLENT!!! He was a cool guy and right away noticed that I was from Denver, CO. I would recommend this hotel and Luis to all the visitors as well as people that stay here!!! I would deff. stay here again!!!!! Luis was very helpful, and knowledgable of the area and city!!!!

Room Tip: I would choose one with a balcony and king size room!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brett A
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

First trip to the big city can be itimadating for sure! Glad to hear Luis made you feel welcome and gave you the lay of the land. Wasn't too bad after all right? Thank you for your feedback and your contribution. You have survived and lived to tell the tale of our fabulous hotel and staff. I will be sure to mention your comments. Now that NYC is over rated when can we see you back this way? Have a great holiday season and happy new year!

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hotel is nice and clean. The members of the staff are very friendly and professional, They make every effort to accomodate request even at the busiet moment of their work. Special mention to the following staff: Luis Maldonado, Rambo, Elizabeth, and Daisy. Thank you for making my stay pleasant.

Marcela/Sacramento CA

1 Thank Marcela D
Dear Guest,

Its a wonderful time of the year to have a wonderful experience! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your kind contribution! Thank you for mentioning the Front Office Team, its hard to miss them isn't it? I'm delighted that you were looked after by the team and please enjoy the the holidays and have a happy and safe new year!

MARCELA from LIC, but lives in Sacramento we'll miss you!

Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Most of the hotels now almost providing the same services the only thing that making differences is the people factor and that hotel blessed with a great
Specially Rosario the General Manager Nandy in front desk and Neela from Housekeeping you don’t feel NYC cold weather because of their worm welcome and professionalism
After 14 hours flight I was given room upgrade and I felt home away from home the courtesy call I get from the general manager made me feel this people investing time in customer satisfactions

keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MohammedIHG
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the Warm Review, I'm delighted to have had the pleasure of meeting you and we appreicate your mentions of our staff! I'm very lucky to work with great people! Our team wishes you the very best and should you ever find a need to stay in New York CIty, there will always be a warm place waiting for you!

Safe Travels back to the Middle East!

San Francisco
Reviewed November 28, 2012

If your final destination is this part of Queens or near La Guardia then this is a great location. If you are destined for Manhattan but don't want to pay Manhattan prices, this hotel is worth a look. It is only 2 blocks, (less than 5minute walk) to the N train and then only two stops to Lexington Ave in Manhattan, or no change of trains for Times Square or 34th +broadway, etc.
The room was good, but be aware that not all rooms have Manhattan view. So be sure to ask. My room only had one bed for two and they said there were no rooms with two beds available. I wouuld say that the hotel advertising photos fairly misrepresent what it really looks like, but not critically. For instance the pool in the picture looks big, but in reality it is just a bit larger than a hot tub jacuzzi and cannot serve for lap swimming. On the other hand, it is a plus that there is a pool at all. I didn't eat at the restaurant but people seemed the be enjoying it. The room came with an iron and ironing board and the maid did a good job restocking the amenities every day. The staff was always available at the front desk and did a good job at greeting. There was free internet in the room and they give you a passcode for access. My wireless "speedmeter" did measure it as the slowest wireless speed I have ever hooked up to in a hotel, but it did work! All in all, I would stay here again if the price beats Manhattan equivalent hotels

Room Tip: Ask for Manhattan view, not all rooms have it. I stayed next to elevator and it can be heard, like...
3 Thank NewguySFO
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciate pointing out the value and convenice of our location compared to areas in NYC. I'm delighted that you used the facility and found the staff to be friendly. We expect our guests to feel comfortable during their stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to the next time you come from the West Side to join us! Have a Happy Holiday and Safe and Healthly New year!

Best,
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was scheduled to stay at this hotel for a week while in NYC doing Superstorm Sandy relief work. It ended up being alot further away from where I was working, so my company moved me after just 2 nights.

The 2 nights I was there, it was VERY nice. The neighborhood isn't great, but even while traveling alone, I felt safe in the hotel. It was quiet, clean and comfortable. The view of Manhattan was SPECTACULAR and the room was HUGE, by NYC standards.

The day I left, the car service I had ordered myself never showed up, but the man at the desk had a car to me in 5 minutes. I ended up being an hour late for work, but that was no fault of the hotel....they actually helped me in my time of need!

I would absolutely recomend this hotel to anyone looking for one in that area. Price was reasonable for that area, and WELL WORTH the money for what you get!

1 Thank Doggpurr
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Phew! Glad to hear you made your appointment! Thank you for your kind feedback and should you need to arrange transportation with us in the future, we can certainly pre-arrange it for you! Have a great Holiday Season and again thank you for the details regarding your stay, I will certainly share this with the Team!

Appreciatively,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 33 in Long Island City
Midtown
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
#273 of 467 in New York City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 33 in Long Island City
Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Sid...
#210 of 467 in New York City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 33 in Long Island City

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!