“TS-Sandy”

Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
“TS-Sandy”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I came to NYC on business to assist with the disaster relief efforts due to TS-Sandy.I stayed at the Holiday Inn Long Island City Hotel and all I can say is my two week stay here was excellent. From the day we checked in by Luis and Rambo through the serves at the lobby bar to the cleanliness of my room daily and Danard who checked me out, this experience was amazing. After working 14 hour days, it was great to come back to a clean room and warm environment. Even though I was here on business, I would definitely come back and stay at this establishment for leisure. My only down fall was the restaurant. I ordered some food to go twice and it wasn't anything to clap about. Thank you for making my stay truly enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to sincerely thank you for being our guest! We appreciate the feedback and the kind mentions of our Staff Members who made your stay more comfortable. We will pass on your feedback to the Restaurant as well. Thank you for assisting our city!! We appreciate all the OEM in Boston did for our fine city. I hope to see you back under different circumstances and wish and your family a wonderful holiday season! Thank you for great support!

Warmest Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Manhattan
Reviewed November 7, 2012

LOCATION: A few subway stops (15 minutes) on the N train from midtown Manhattan to the 39th Ave. station in Long Island City, Queens. Helpful people on the street pointed us to the Holiday Inn just a block away.
FACILITIES: Competent and helpful staff, pleasant, quiet room -- very clean; comfortable bed and pillows; good shower. Excellent TV reception.
Restaurant: tasty breakfast buffet, varied dinner selections.
Computer: available at no cost.
(We did not use the gym or pool.)

SPECIAL THANKS to General Manager Rosario Bianci who oversees an excellent hotel and met with us personally to extend our stay. We had endured the first two days of the hurricane high up in our Manhattan apartment without power: electrictity, heat or water. On the third day, we were lucky to find refuge at the Holiday Inn, which helped us to recover our strength and sanity.

Room Tip: Our 5th floor room looked out at city views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank NewYorker34
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind words and again are thankful to hear you back home and safe. The staff are all to praise who made the extradinary efforts to come into work to see that are guests had the proper service during this very difficult time. We hope we can see you back on different circumstances!! Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful holiday!

Thank you from all f us!
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I wanted a good value hotel for our 4 day visit to New York. This hotel was perfect. It was a 2 minute walk from the subway station. The trains came along every few minutes and the line took us quickly and easily to almost anywhere in Manhattan. We bought a 7 day unlimited ticket for $29 which was great value.

The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our room on the 12th floor was quiet, spacious and comfortable. We had a small balcony and a great view of the Manhattan skyline. As a bonus we had a small fridge. The wifi was free, easy to use and relatively fast. Breakfast was extra but reasonably priced and quite good.

Long Island City is not the most attractive of neighbourhoods but it does have a few nice restaurants. At no time did it feel unsafe. We often walked about after dark.

Overall this is a great value hotel which is well placed for visiting NY.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a view of Manhattan
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View! Thank you for the great feedback and are thankful that you were able to get home before the storm events which impacted NYC. I will certainly pass your feedback on to the Hotel Associates, they are going to be thrilled to hear. Again, you have explained pretty much everything that describes our property in terms of benefits and the area is very much becoming a destination for travelers. have a happy holiday and great new year! We should hope to see you next visit.

All The Best from All of Us,

Cheers!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location was very convenient; it is literally a walk to subway N and Q. Everything was new and clean. Hall way looked neat. Had pretty good decor; had a good and comforting air of a four star or higher although in a smaller scale. Bathroom had a good shower. I didn't like the soap, shampoo and conditioner situation; perhaps they can improve 'cuz it really doesn't add too much money. We stayed in a king with balcony. It had a good view of the north. Very open. we woke up to the morning with a view. We ate at the Brazilian steak restaurant in the basement. Meat sucked but the salad was awesome. With $20, I thought the bar was great. Wine wasn't that great. I would go for beer if I go back. But overall, I think it is a great value. If I have friends visiting NYC I would highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JK,

We appreciate the time and feedback during your recent stay with us! Thank you for letting our viewers know the advantages of this location and thank you for dinning with us! We hope to have you back in the future.

Hope you and your family are unscathed from Hurricane Sandy!

Take Great Care!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had really high hopes for this hotel. We picked it because of all the positive reviews and was at a pricepoint we were willing to spend for a 3 day getaway. It wasn't all bad, but unfortunately for me, the bad outweighed the good. The good: awesome view, very short walk to the subway, clean rooms & great water pressure in the shower. Unfortunately that's where it ends. The square pillows half the size of standard pillow were so lumpy and incredibly uncomfortable that I woke up with a headache. I requested a "softer" one which was a little better, but still ridiculously small. That just doesn't make sense. I twas unseasonably warm and was told the air conditioning had already been turned off for the season. I've NEVER been in a hotel room where both A/C and heat were not available. It was very uncomfortable and too warm for my comfort and when I inquired at the front desk about the A/C they told me there was nothing they could do. Both days we had to call and ask for wash cloths because the maid didn't leave any. The second day when we requested them, they brought hand towels from someone whose English was not their first language and when I tried to explain what I really wanted, he brought more towels. I gave up. The Brazilian Steakhouse was less than stellar. The salad bar had minimal selection and the salad dressing was something generic, served in bottles in a bowl of ice on the counter. Seriously? The "hot bar" consisted of overcooked lukewarm pasta, alleged fried shrimp, again, barely lukewarm. They had several bottles (plastic squeeze bottles) on top of the hot bar with something red inside, and when I asked if it was cocktail sauce, they said no, it was ketchup. I then asked for cocktail sauce to which they replied they had none. As I glanced across the hot bar, I really saw nothing that warranted ketchup. They also had fishcakes of some sort but no tartar sauce. There was a "drink stand" of sorts that had a dispenser with sangria in it, and a Coleman cooler with something inside. It looks like someone said "let's open a restaurant tonight" and threw random leftovers from their collective refrigerators on a hot bar and said "let's go!" We didn't have the meat portion of this Brazilian Steakhouse so I can't comment there but don't go there thinking you're getting the quality or service of Texas De Brazil or Fogo De Chao. Denny's could do a better job at pretending to be a Brazilian steakhouse. Unfortunately it's the only restaurant where if you're there after dark that you would feel safe. The area does seem a little dicey but during the day it's fine. I really wanted to give it at least an "average" but the restaurant pushed it over the edge. Very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations! We have taken your feedback and began researching the HVAC concern. The Pillows are Holiday Inn Standard Queen Size and I apologize that we couldn't communicate your request properly. I wasn't aware of this situation and we could have moved your room and found some King Size Pillows to make your stay more comfortable. I would like the opportunity to discuss this further also to get more details on the restaurant as well. I appreciate your time and thank you for staying with us! Please contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com at your earliest.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Lovely hotel with lovey staff - and beautiful views!
literally a two minute walk from the sub which takes you into times square in no time!
Superb prices and a fab atmosphere it goes without saying I will definitely be staying here again.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask to face manhattan the views are breathtaking!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Ms. Stewart,

Thank you for your recent feedback! We appreciate your business. Superb is a very special word we strive to be at the Holiday Inn L.I City Manhattan View! I'm glad you took advantage of the pricing and enjoyed your time in our city. Till the next time you’re up from the "City of Brotherly Love", you "must stay" with us again....

Warmest Regards,
Petropolis, Rio, Brasil
Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you don't mind for not being in Manhattan, this is the place. In less than ten minutes by subway (nearer station is 2 min walking from the hotel) and you are in Central Park or Times Square. Nice rooms and very good food, and cheap (Pastas under U$15 and a brazilian barbecue for U$20). The hotel localization isn't that great (Long Island City/Queens) but it fully compensates for cost vs benefit. BTW, the best cost vs benefit I got in US in all time. Hotel workers are great... Really great. Polite, desiring to help all time... Rosario, the General Manager, is always available and in a good mood. Luis, at front desk, is also a nice guy to deal with. So, highly recommended! Tks, Luis and Rosario... I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Claudio,

Thank you for your kind feedback and acknowledgment of the staff. I'm delighted you found the property convenient for your stay. The restaurant is a great value as well and thank you for experiencing what Long Island City has to offer. Till the next time we see you in our city, all the best and have a wonderful rest of the year....

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Island City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 31 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn New York Long ...
#2 of 31 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 31 in Long Island City
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
#271 of 467 in New York City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 10,958 reviews
Wyndham Garden Long Island City ...
#13 of 31 in Long Island City
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,101 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!