“NYC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hotel had a small room but huge bathroom. It was very close to subway easy access to and from times square. Breakfast was complimentary. Hotel maid staff was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank So689

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Slovak first
Clarencefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights between Christmas and New Years, was worried beforehand, reading the reviews but very pleasantly surprised. Booked through 'booking.com' just a month in advance, and got a great deal on double room. Room was clean, beds changed every day. Right alongside subway lines E ( 30 mins to airport) and 7 ( 20 mins to Manhattan). I don't understand complaints in reviews about noise from the subway, alongside positive remarks about being beside subway stations. Would certainly recommend this hotel, especially at peak holiday time when more central hotels are twice and three times as expensive.

Room Tip: 501 is fine.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank himself88
LIC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I live in the area of the hotel after recent work done in my apartment; I needed to seek shelter for the night. So I booked a night's stay in the hotel, agent was cold but I checked in rather quickly. He told me that the room I requested was not available and he placed me in another room. This is where my horror began; first I need to use the restroom. There was NO toilet paper, so no biggie I ran down and requested some. While in the room I noticed some brown stuff running down the wall and that a towel had a hole again no biggie. When getting ready for bed I noticed a condom wrapper on the floor and then by the headboard a used condom. I was grossed out. I tossed them out with the tp I just acquired. The room was situated right next to the elevator, kitchen area and staircase so besides the outside traffic I heard the random foot traffic and eerily morning help. After complaining to the manager, he more or less told me that I was lying and that I was only trying to get a refund. I tried to explain no, you can keep my money but correct the problems and he kept saying that he has the best stuff and that am wrong. Did not want to take one bit of criticism, now I know that my case might be an isolated case but niethertheless, I forewarn you that this place knows nothing about customer service so it is your gamble!!! PS, If anyone from Days Inn Corporate is reading this my case number is 27997-981 and rest assured I'm Never staying at this location EVER EVER

Room Tip: Any room that is not 113 through 120 they are next to the enterance
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Leo M

Travelers are raving about these Long Island City hotels

Rosario, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

My room was booked through daysinn.com.- I found this hotel for half the price, only 20 minutes by subway from downtown -wall street- Three minutes walking to subway 7. You up the stairs and get the subway stop straight to Big Apple- Complementary breakfast, cheese, cereals, toast, donuts, juice, coffee, milk, eggs. The parking is limited to 6 lots. One night we back at 10 pm and the maid didn´t do the room, I had a room facing the train and was no noisy.- Bathroom: was totally spotless and towels were clean and were changed daily, with the exception day without service.- No refrigerator. Taxi to LGA $18. pics add.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank sarmientosurf
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

In comparison to the other hotels in NYC, this hotel was a bargain, but you get what you pay for. I went with 5 other people and we shared two rooms with king sized beds. We checked out the first room on the 5th floor and it smelled like pee, so we chose to take our chances and take the second room we booked. It was located in front of the elevator and it was about the same size as the other room but it didn't smell, so it already won points in my book.

Anyhow, beds were decent, towels were scratchy. Shower was tricky, you need to PULL the faucet to get the shower running(I had to call the front desk to figure it out). The temperature control in this room was AWFUL. It was either too cold or too hot, and the warm air smelled like pee.

The 7 train passes by frequently, but it didn't disturb our room as much because we were facing La Guardia College, although you could feel vibrations from the floor. Note: please make sure there are no service changes to the train if that is your main mode of transportation, the 7 was running on a ridiculous weekend schedule and a 20 minute trip into the city ended up taking us 1.5 hours! The E, M, and R trains are also nearby across the bridge...

Breakfast was decent, eggs, coffee, bagels, pastries, cereal, juice, toast, etc. Regular Continental breakfast fare.

24-hour 7-11 is located right next door, so that's convenient.

If you need a taxi, don't count on the front desk, we asked for 2 regular taxis and one man in a regular mini-van showed up to take us to our destination, it was a bit sketchy...

I probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was my only and cheapest option. It's a place to sleep...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We booked this hotel a month in advance and showed up the day of the reservation only to be told our reservation was canceled. Though they couldn't tell us how or by whom. A call to the corporate booking office confirmed that the reservation was never canceled. But the local hotel stood firm that it was canceled in their system and they had since booked the room. *But* they had a similar room open still that we could book at full price, nearly triple our original booking price. Several calls to the corporate office, they refused to budge.

We were never shown the cancellation and they wouldn't honor the non-canceled reservation. During all this there were several people drunk in the breakfast dining room. The outside and the lobby was really dirty and noisy, as the elevated subway 7 line runs feet from the hotel.

In the end we found another hotel at the last moment. Beware if you book here, and have a backup plan available.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Andrew B
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

First of all, there is 3 positives points about this hotel. if you book fairly in advance, the price is affordable for travelers comparing to hotels in Manhattan. If you book directly on site, the price of the rooms are according to the number of rooms available, (less room available, higher price). The breakfast is included even if you do not have a lot of space to eat and a small choice to choose from (but it's free so...). And you are very close to 4 differents metro line (E, M, R and 7) which are at less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Regarding noise, you can hear about everything going on in the hall and outside (24 hours metro line passing right in front of the hotel and very busy corner in Queens). Our room wasn't very clean (matches were on the floor from previous travelers, they didn't vaccum the floor for sure) there were moistures on the ceiling of the bathroom, and the sheets were teared). No bedbugs though, so good point for them as I saw some comments stating there was on August 2011. The room is very small but that is correct due to the fact that we were only sleeping there leaving early every morning and arriving late at night. So good choice if you are on budget and can get over the fact that it is noisy and not as clean as you want a hotel room to be.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms of the other side of the building (not facing Queens boulevard) are quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple