“A fantastic museum”
Review of MoMA PS1

MoMA PS1
More attraction details
Owner description: MoMA PS1 is one of the oldest and largest nonprofit contemporary art institutions in the United States. Located in Long Island City, New York, MoMA PS1 is dedicated to exhibiting the most provocative and challenging art from around the world. MoMA PS1 is an affiliate of The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
Reviewed May 20, 2014

It is my second visit to this fantastic museum - even though the current exhibitions aren't so interesting - the venue itself is wonderful, an old public school that was renovated and converted into this museum, the spaces are huge and strolling between school's classrooms and corridors offer a unique experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Visited w/ my wife and 30+ son. We are all very broad minded and especially my wife and I enjoy 20th century + art, regardless of the medium. Unfortunately the 3 of all were pretty uniform in that most of the exhibits were pretentious, self indulgent and certainly not suitable for children. The mixed media parts especially. Building is very cool and the price is right (free for LIC residents and 1 guest) but I wouldnt recommend making a special trip to see the current exhibit

Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you are not a hardcore modern art guy, the exhibition is alright. It is like many other galleries a nice way to bend your traditional lines of thinking and to stimulate alternative ways of looking at things. However, what I will remember most is the old school building with the corridors, rooms and staircases full of character.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

You love it or you don't. We went there with two kids, age 5 and 10. They did not bother with this. Strange things to see, and quite big to go visit for only an hour or two. With kids maybe better with other museum.....

Reviewed February 11, 2014

because I found the entire thing pretentious and self-serving. I am usually a fan of modern art, but I was not at all impressed with what passed for exhibits. I have a friend in the area, so I will go back one day, if for no other reason than to write another review with confirms or contradicts this one. If all the exhibits were this bad, PS 1 would not have the reputation it currently enjoys.