“Good for a summer stroll”

Socrates Sculpture Park
More attraction details
Owner description: You can admire the changing exhibits, or the spectacular view of Manhattan in this park.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I went last spring, it was a beautiful place to walk and take in a nice view. I'm not sure that the pieces that I saw were the most inspiring work in NYC, but it was well worth a visit just for a stroll and a fresh breath of air, with some neat "company" in the form of art.
(warning: plan your travels, it can be a bit awkward to get to this location)

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This park has a nice location along the river, with views of Manhattan. As an extra stop after a visit to the excellent Noguchi Museum about a block away, this is well worth doing. As a destination of it's own, I'd probably pass. There were several interesting sculptures when we were there, and nice to just walk around outside and view art. My guess is it all depends what is being displayed at that time. It is a nice place to take photographs. We were also there shortly after Superstorm Sandy, so trees were damaged.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The site tries hard to be an eclectic, edgy, cool place to show outdoor art, but there is nothing that brings it all together. Because of the locals and their dogs, it was more like visiting a dog park than a sculpture park. The stench from dog waste was so bad near one of the sculptures that I could not stay to look at it. The views to Manhattan are good, but nothing special. An interesting place, but not a destination.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Not my style. Easy to see all the art as the venue is large and has great views of Manhattan. They do change the sculptures frequently, so it is worth a visit.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My fiancée and I recently had our engagement shoot here. The diverse sculpture -- at times verging on the industrial -- made for great shots. We stroll through the park to purchase food and veggies when the farmer's market is open, or to take in the East River and clear our heads.