Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Good value for money for NYC. Not in a nice area at all. Scary at night, prison down the street, deserted and very run down neighborhood. The hotel is quite nice, good staff and great breakfast each morning. One elevator was not working the entire 5 days that we stayed there.
Sofa in lobby needs replacing. Dirty and worn. Shuttle service to the subway is good but could be improved. Needs to run every 15 mins. not every half hour as it is frequently full and you have to walk or take a cab. Some shuttle drivers are friendly and helpful, some not at all and appear to hate their jobs.
Overall, a good option to see NYC on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, it is in an industrial area that is noisy.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed two nights in this hotel. The price and proximity to the train were what drew us here. We enjoyed a breakfast each morning and had no problems with staff. The van service picked us up and dropped us off in a timely manner. Our daughter liked the soft towels and son enjoyed the WIFI during our stay.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel has lot of positives ie..

1. Arrange a good schuttle service all over the long island place. So we can ask for pick up and drop.
2.Neat, Clean and Quite.
3.Good hospitality throughout.

They can improve on the breakfast served. It is same all the days which makes it boring..I think it is Marriott style..anyways our stay was very good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank prashan97
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is reasonably priced for the NYC area. The free breakfast ran from 6:30-10:30 and was constantly being refreshed so food was plentiful. Starbucks coffee, scrambled eggs, waffles, 2 different kids of sausage, yogurt, cereal, breads, etc. Plenty of seating inside and outside on a deck overlooking a movie studio. My daughters enjoyed the free in room wifi and sitting area off hotel lobby. Staff was friendly. We especially appreciated the free shuttle to and from the subway. It ran early in the morning (not sure of the hour) and last trip was 10:45 in the evening. We didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes. One night, we did have to walk since it was too late for the shuttle. I was traveling with my 2 daughters and didn't feel like we needed to call for a taxi. The walk back to the hotel was well lit and there was lots of traffic on the street. It took about 15 minutes. Rooms were very clean. I will recommend this hotel to friends traveling to NYC.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 10th floor (of 12 floors). The height kept the potential noise on the streets ou...
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. There is an outdoor patio with furniture to sit on and is quite spacious. The furniture and cushions are a bit run down outside. Elevators were slow and on Sunday morning, when everyone was checking out, the only two elevators were broken down. Guests had to use the stairs which was a problem for older people and people who were on the upper floors. Continental breakfast was included in the price. Coffee, toast, fruit and oatmeal were all good. Eggs were powdered and not appetizing. Rooms were a bit small but were satisfactory. The room décor could also be updated.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Anil M, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate it. I will extend my gratitude to the staff for ensuring that they provided you with friendliness. I apologize for the inconvenience of the elevators. We are having maintenance done to our elevators. It was a pleasure having you and I hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards
Anil Masih
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is our 2nd stay at this Fairfield Inn. Some things remained the same: their level of customer service did not waver. We arrived 2 hours early and they already had a room ready for us! They are always offering service with a smile, and their free breakfast is always a nice bonus. The shuttle service is a great service, although it’s only a 15 minute walk from 33 St subway Station (p.s. I did this walk close to midnight and felt absolutely safe).

However, what changed for me was the noise level. My first room faced Manhattan, and this one faced Van Dam Street. It was a huge difference and I found it to be terribly noisy. It was really only traffic noise, and not the hotel's fault, but compared to what I experienced the first time it was a big difference.

All in all, there's no question as to where I’ll be staying the next time I come to NYC. I’ll just be sure to ask for a room that faces the back and not the front.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Action_Jackson2
Reviewed July 22, 2014

For the most part, this hotel is solid. Nice, clean room, relatively quiet. I sometimes feel like they don't hire the best people. When I have the manager at he front, Anil, I have no issues. Sometimes the two sour faced girls are at the front. They are just unhappy with life and wouldn't understand customer service if it jumped up and bit them. I can usually avoid them, which makes the place 4 stars, easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up on the opposite side of the main road. it is quieter and you will have a nice...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Long Island City hotels
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 34 in Long Island City
Wyndham Garden Long Island City Manhattan View
Wyndham Garden Long Island City ...
#13 of 34 in Long Island City
Hilton Garden Inn Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Hilton Garden Inn Long Island Ci...
#2 of 34 in Long Island City
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York Long Island City/ Manhattan View
Home2 Suites by Hilton New York ...
#1 of 34 in Long Island City
Best Western Plaza Hotel
Best Western Plaza Hotel
#7 of 34 in Long Island City
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#17 of 34 in Long Island City

Been to Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View? Share your experiences!