Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“worth it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Clean, well maintained if somewhat small room. Had well functioning air conditioning, which was most appreciated given 90 degree weather. Breakfast area bright and selection reasonable (fruit, yogurt, etc). Staff very cordial. Shuttle driver was particularly accommodating to find us a train stop that had a elevator, Biggest shortcoming was parking. Don't have enough spots for all guests and we had to park across the street from the Inn one night. Also, free wifi was fine for reading email and goggling but had to pay a fee for wifi service for downloading music. Still, would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The location is about a 1 mile walk from the nearest metro station and you don't walk through a very nice part of town. So, location is not why you stay here. The view is nice if you get a city view. Otherwise, you get a nice view of an industrial part of town...Note, they do have a shuttle, but the shuttle only runs until 10:45 pm or so. If you see a Broadway show, you are either getting a taxi to the hotel or taking the metro and hoofing it to the hotel. Not a bad walk, but just not an ideal location for a walk. I felt safe, but didn't really enjoy the area.

2 out of 3 times, the hotel was great and we had no issues. However, on the 3rd time, they decided that they would cancel my room as I hadn't shown up by midnight even though I had called them and told them I was still coming with my 2 kids. They rebooked me at another (lower class) hotel. When I got there, the room was only large enough for 1 person. I was absolutely shocked at their lack of attention to details. It took me until 3:30 am to get another reservation. They did, however, end of taking pretty good care of me. But, I will hesitate to book again or I will make sure that I check in online well before arriving at the hotel. As a Gold Member, I was extremely disappointed. There was a Platinum that showed up that night as well and he was really upset that his room was also cancelled...first time I have ever seen this for preferred members. He was upset, but they had reserved a room large enough for him and his wife...Unfortunately, they missed the details on my room.

The Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Queens/Queensboro Bridge is much closer to the metro station and they were in a nicer neighborhood. If you had to choose between the two, I would go with the Queens hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room viewing the Manhattan skyline. You can go up on the roof and view the city as well...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank hoskier
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Super clean hotel and I'm picky. Free parking and hot,cold buffet included. Nice modern look to it. Safe in the room. Staff super friendly. Free shuttle that runs from 6:45am-10:45pm. Every half hr to the subway or to restraunts that they recommend. Try arriba arriba Mexican restraunt yummy. We loved it and went twice. Kids loved it too. Its 4 mins to the subway and 11 mins to time square. Close to everything. No fridge in room or a pool. But for 125.00 a night it's a steal in NY Would go back for sure. The beds are comfy.

Room Tip: The higher your room the better view of Manhattan. Make sure you request the right side.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in November 2013 and I kept forgetting to write a review. I had contacted the hotel beforehand about booking a room with a view as we could not figure out how to do so on their website. I dealt with Anil and he was such a great help and very pleasant to deal with. He assured me that we would receive a room with a view of the skyline, which we did. The hotel has a free shuttle to the subway station, however it was frequently full, so I'd recommend getting there a bit earlier than the time scheduled. It is walkable, about 20 minutes, though not the best area - we never felt unsafe though. It is a very quick subway ride into downtown. Hotel offers a good free breakfast, including eggs and Belgian waffles on weekdays and less selection it seemed on weekends. It gets busy down there on weekends! It also offers free Starbucks coffee and tea in the lobby 24 hrs a day which was nice. The only complaint would be lack of parking spaces. We arrived on a Thursday and lucked out getting a spot and didn't move our car for the weekend as there is a very limited number of spots and you don't need to drive into the city at all. Rooms were very clean and quiet with a huge comfortable king size bed. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to those wanting to stay in a less expensive hotel just outside Manhattan.

Stayed November 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We needed an inexpensive hotel not too far from Brooklyn because we had a funeral mass to attend at 9am the next a.m. We drove and were told that there was free parking. Well, maybe if you are among the first 10 to check in. There are a few spots in front and maybe a dozen more under the hotel. The underground parking is so tight that it was difficult to turn around in order to get out. We would have considered parking on the street if the area had not been surrounded by razor wire fences. All businesses had metal security gates over their entrances. Did I mention that we did not feel safe? The security door from the parking garage to the hotel should have been accessible only by a room key but it was unlocked.

By the way, that Manhattan View would have been okay if we didn't have to look past garbage in the immediate area.

While the room was acceptable, we would not stay in this location again. My husband and I are seniors and adventure travel is in the past for us. Others may feel differently.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Lee F
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They breakfast was a full breakfast including making your own waffles. The shuttle service is complimentary and runs as often as you need it up until 10:45p.m. The ride into Mahattan, Time Square was quick and easy. If you want a place to stay that is accessible and clean, this is your place.

Room Tip: Request a room on floor 5 or above if you want a Manhattan view. My room was 504 and I could see th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I must say that my family and I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff was extremely professional and very accommodating. Clean rooms and fresh towels and bedding. Shuttle is extremely convenient and reliable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family