“Good value for one night”

Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here for one night to shop in NYC took a while for the shuttle to come pick me up from the train it was cold and rainy. Room was clean but toilet would run sometimes after flushing did report to front desk. Breakfast was ok Starbucks coffee was a plus. Would stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TripAdDi
Anastasia B, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I am glad that you had a good stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future

Reviewed February 4, 2014

After being stuck in a snow storm this was the only available hotel.. It is clean and comfortable. Bit noisy though, no muffling from traffic heading over to Manhattan. No restaurant on site and open only for breakfast. Tis is not a faction hotel only if you are stuck close to La Guardia

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Anastasia B, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide exceptional service to each and every guest. I do apologize that you were stuck here due to the snow storm. I hope that next time you are in the NYC area you will chose our hotel so that we may change the way you feel about our hotel.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Everything that one can expect in a 2.5 star is here, and done very well actually. By that I mean the cleanliness, the comfort and size of the bed, the bathroom amenities, the FREE shuttle drop off and PICK UP from a hotel, wifi connectivity and of course, the complimentary breakfast (and parking for those who are driving).

The only things that disappointed me were:
1) Preferred rooms on higher level indicated upon reservation | I understand that it wasn't guaranteed. Unfortunately, we got the 2nd level, floor above the lobby, and we definitely heard the noise on the street. From cop noises, car honks and of course, warehouse noise. Thank goodness we were so tired so we easily ignored it. And of course, there was no view for us. :(
2) WALLS ARE THIN | I have been in many hotels but never really experienced the whole "I can hear the people on the next room" kind of thing. This hotel, gave me this. In short, if you are a light sleeper, definitely bring ear plugs. One night, the noise from the other room was making us feel very uncomfortable, we were contemplating on complaining.

Room Tip: Get the top floor room to avoid noise from the streets Bring ear plugs to avoid noise from the next...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ErnCasin
Anastasia B, Front Office Supervisor at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Ms. Casin,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We value your feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that we were unable to fulfill your request to be on a higher floor. The next time that you are in the NYC area I hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Returning from vacation in St Lucia, we found that our Jet Blue flight from JFK to our home base in Rochester, New York, had been cancelled, along with a lot of other flights. We needed a place to stay and found there were no rooms available anywhere near JFK. When we called the hotel we had stayed at overnight on our trip to St Lucia (the Fairfield Inn at Jamaica right at JFK) they told us the Fairfield Inn at Long Island City had rooms.

We called, got a room, thought at least we are not sleeping in the airport, and got a taxi. We were VERY pleasantly surprised with what we found. Clean, comfortable room, reasonable price, very polite and professional staff (Ali was particularly helpful). Breakfast next morning was very good; hot as well as cold food available; real good coffee. The staff helped us with locating a car rental option to get back home and arranged a car to get us to the rental place.

This place might be a "sleeper"; sort of "diamond in the rough". We will think about staying here next time we are in NYC.

Room Tip: We did not get a Manhattan View room so not anything to add here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tara B, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind reveiw of our hotel. We appreciate you feedback and your time. Our goal is to provide all of our guest with service that will make you want to return I am so happy we were able to deliver this during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here and our breakfast. Good to hear that you will consider us for future stays. Looking forward to meeting you the next time you are here. Thanks again from our entire staff.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Basically found a great weekend deal for this spot... Can't complain! Free breakfast wifi fitness center. I basically was totally satisfied. The location isn't perfect for transportation but they offer a shuttle, and if you have a car like I did, parking was easy on the street and therefore wasnt an issue. Comfy rooms. I had bliss here :)

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kajeki
Tara B, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind reveiw of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and your time. Our goal is to provide all of our guest with service that will make you want to return I am so happy we were able to deliver this during your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here, please consider us for you.Thanks again from our entire staff.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

During a snowstorm I booked this last minute through another site not direct. I was confirmed but when I got there they didn't have my reservation and they were fully booked. The front desk team handled the situation very well even though it was not their fault. First they called around to try and find me another room but with airports closed it was not happening. They wound up making up a room that was out of circulation due to a minor repair just so I would not be sent away "homeless" for the night. I feel they went beyond what they were responsible for.
The hotel itself is clean, modern and parking was not a problem. Breakfast was also good with hot food

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Tara B, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. Our goal is to provide every guest with the service that makes you want to return. We are glad that we were able to provide you with a warm place to stay on a stormy night. My name is Tara and I do remember helping you with parking and the room, but I don't want to mention your name. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hot breakfast. We hope that on your next trip to NYC you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This Fairfield is in LONG ISLAND CITY.It has a shuttle to the subway for a short subway trip to Manhattan. The rooms were clean and they give a free breakfast. We stayed 2 days and the breakfast was packed with people with not enough seats for everyone. One would have thought there was a food shortage. If you have a car , parking can be tough. They have a heated garage; however, with maybe 15 spots. Otherwise , a nice stay and reasonably priced .

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NewYorkRayman46
Tara B, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our goal is to provide every guest with the service that makes you want to return. Unfortunately parking is limited but our staff will do thier best in assiting you to find a space in or around the hotel. In the summer we defintiely have more seating options in the breakfast area unfortunately during the cold season we can only utilize the space that's enclosed. We hope that on your next trip to NYC you will come and visit us again.