Everything that one can expect in a 2.5 star is here, and done very well actually. By that I mean the cleanliness, the comfort and size of the bed, the bathroom amenities, the FREE shuttle drop off and PICK UP from a hotel, wifi connectivity and of course, the complimentary breakfast (and parking for those who are driving).
The only things that disappointed me were:
1) Preferred rooms on higher level indicated upon reservation | I understand that it wasn't guaranteed. Unfortunately, we got the 2nd level, floor above the lobby, and we definitely heard the noise on the street. From cop noises, car honks and of course, warehouse noise. Thank goodness we were so tired so we easily ignored it. And of course, there was no view for us. :(
2) WALLS ARE THIN | I have been in many hotels but never really experienced the whole "I can hear the people on the next room" kind of thing. This hotel, gave me this. In short, if you are a light sleeper, definitely bring ear plugs. One night, the noise from the other room was making us feel very uncomfortable, we were contemplating on complaining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •On-site parking, fee: 25 USD daily •Very limited (25) parking spaces available, first come first serve basis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Queens
- Long Island City Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View