Returning from vacation in St Lucia, we found that our Jet Blue flight from JFK to our home base in Rochester, New York, had been cancelled, along with a lot of other flights. We needed a place to stay and found there were no rooms available anywhere near JFK. When we called the hotel we had stayed at overnight on our trip to St Lucia (the Fairfield Inn at Jamaica right at JFK) they told us the Fairfield Inn at Long Island City had rooms.
We called, got a room, thought at least we are not sleeping in the airport, and got a taxi. We were VERY pleasantly surprised with what we found. Clean, comfortable room, reasonable price, very polite and professional staff (Ali was particularly helpful). Breakfast next morning was very good; hot as well as cold food available; real good coffee. The staff helped us with locating a car rental option to get back home and arranged a car to get us to the rental place.
This place might be a "sleeper"; sort of "diamond in the rough". We will think about staying here next time we are in NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •On-site parking, fee: 25 USD daily •Very limited (25) parking spaces available, first come first serve basis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Queens
- Long Island City Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View