Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Long Island City
San Juan
“Almost perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Only if it were a few blocks nearer the subway at 33rd St/Rawson. The shuttle is not round the clock and I do not recommend walking such a long distance after 11pm. However, MTA Bus 39 from Queensboro Plaza or Court Square subway stations travels closer to the hotel.

A shuttle route map around LICity is provided, which has an independent life from Manhattan if you want to skip the latter one night -or day for that matter.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed 1 night at this hotel. It is located in an industrial area and didn't have much around the hotel but it didn't feel unsafe. The room was a good size for us but may be a little on the small side for a family. The bed was soft but comfortable, wi-fi worked great and they offer breakfast in the morning (free starbucks coffee all day, hot/cold items, make your own waffles, sausages, eggs). There was no fridge/microwave in our room so I'm not sure if they provide it maybe in other rooms.

They offer free parking and if there are no more spaces available, they will accommodate you and help you find a spot on the street. When we arrived, there weren't any available spaces on the grounds but we found a spot on the street and had no problem leaving our car there.

As for proximity to Manhattan, they provide a shuttle to the closest subway station (33rd street - 7 line) which brings you into the city in about 10 mins. We didn't try walking as it seemed pretty far. That was a bit of an inconvenience for us since we didn't want to rely on the shuttle to get back to our hotel (if we decided to stay late, etc). But if you are going to stay in NYC all day and come back at a reasonable time, then it's a great option to have.

As for the staff, they were very accommodating and helpful. Unfortunately, the 7 line had some technical issues so we had to take another line and ended up far from the hotel. We called the hotel and they had the shuttle come get us. We appreciated that good customer service.

It was definitely a good value for the price we paid :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mtlsacs
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The ratio price-service-location was good. The hotel provides a very efficient shuttle service to subway, staff is friendly and rooms are of good size.Breakfast could be improved especially disposable plates.Given the chance I would book again this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank P T
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I can't believe someone could actually go to this hotel, everything is so disgusting and filthy.

The staff is so rude and impolite, and what could I say about the dishonest maid who stole my brand new bottle of Bleu de Chanel perfume and my tshirt? Wow, thanks a lot guys!

I was there with my family for the NYC annual marathon, but we will NEVER go there again, not after being ROBBED in our OWN ROOM. Wow, seriously, my frustration and my disgust towards this hotel are so intense!

ADIEU!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Samuel C
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We LOVE the staff ;)
They were so helpful and happy. The shuttle was awesome. If you are comfortable riding the subway, stay here. They get you to the subway in minutes and it's a quick 20 minute trainride to Grand Central. Then you just call the front desk when you get back and they come get you!
The breakfast was AMAZING! Free Starbucks, eggs, sausage, silk milk (my favorite), fruit, bagels, cereal...I was depressed when I got home because there was no hot breakfast waiting for me.
Did I say the staff was the BEST?!
The hotel is in the industrial area of Queens. But the view from the room was great and we felt very safe in the neighborhood.
PLEASE give them a chance. You will pay double in Manhattan and I can almost guarantee that the rooms and people won't be near as pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank sumzsezhi
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just returned from staying here for 3 nights. The hotel was quite nice. It's a block from the Long Island Expressway, so you don't hear the noise from the room. The rooms itself was nice, though a little small. The only problem I had was that the room darkening blinds were about a foot too short, not allowing full darkness in the morning.

The breakfast was okay. Scrambled eggs and sausage were a little overcooked, but they also had cereals, juices, make your own waffles and boiled eggs. They also had a nice business center will free computer use, wifi throughout the hotel and shuttle service to the 33rd street station (line 7). The shuttle runs from 6am to 11pm. If it's not waiting there, or you miss it, it's a long 3-4 blocks, which is very doable.

The hotel is in an industrial area, so it's pretty quiet at night.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Pluses:
- Price
- Proximity to Manhattan
- Friendly staff
- Shuttle to nearest subway
- Free parking within hotel and on nearest streets. During weekdays don’t park next to a warehouse or risk damaging your car.
- Breakfast. Coffee and yogurts available.
Negatives:
- Not on Manhattan.
- Nothing around the hotel. One must walk a mile away minimum.
- Can be very loud traffic sounds if the window is open.
- Very soft, worn out beds.
- Super small rooms.
Overall very decent hotel.
I did my booking within booking.com with 48 hours cancellation policy. On Marriott site cancellation was out of question and I was offered to prepay 100% 2 weeks prior. Ouch!
Depending on a season I would recommend to wait (if you can!) for booking until last minute and get up to 40% discount.

Room Tip: I did my booking within booking.com with 48 hours cancellation policy. On Marriott site cancellation...