Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
$164
$183
$139
  • Breakfast included
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$179
$139
FourPoints.com
$149
La Quinta
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$160
$155
  • Fitness center
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$323
$250
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$165
  • Restaurant
Q4 Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$66
Hostelworld.com
All reviewsfree shuttlewafflesstarbucks coffeevan dam streetmarriott standardssubway stationshuttle serviceindustrial areanew yorkevery half hourirish pubhotel shuttletimes squarethe hotel offersbusiness centernight's sleeptrain stop
Reviewed October 10, 2013

advantages:
1. free breakfast is good, with enough variety (milk, yogurt, bread, fruit, drinks, etc.), though not super.
2. free small parking space (tough to find parking in metropolitan city);
3. free shuttle to subway station.
disadvantages:
1. (2 double bed) room small -- very common in big cities such as Boston, DC. but this hotel is not in manhattan but in queens and it's smaller than any of the downtown DC and Boston hotels' 2 double bed room size i have ever stayed (at least 10 different hotels). so, i feel it a disadvantage.
2. location seems unsafe in the evening, though i am not quite sure, because of its neighborhood.
3. the worst issue is, it was category 4 hotel but raised to category 5 hotel. i see no point to lift its category. why do i bother to spend 25K points in here? too expensive.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here during the summer. Very affordable and comfortable. Had nice breakfast. SOme may say the location is not that great but it's as close as you can get to the city. It's also a few blocks away from my old neighborhood in queens. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristine A
Reviewed September 20, 2013

From the first contact, even before booking the hotel, the staff has been very friendly and helpful. This first impression was confirmed as soon as we arrived. We asked for a room on high floors and got it. The view of Manhattan is great. The room is not very large but clean and comfortable. The shuttle service to the station every half hour allows you to be at Grand-Central station in 30min door to door. This is very convenient if you have to go daily to the UN.
The breakfast buffet is very good and abundant.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Francois G
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I don't even know where to start, this stay far exceeded my expectations. I always look at where hotels rank in a city by fellow TripAdvisor members as most of the time has been very reliable. That said how this hotel ranks 8 out of 21 in Long Island City has me baffled. If the other 7 hotels ranked ahead of it are better than this hotel then everybody needs to stay in Long Island City when they come to New York. I will say I haven't stayed at any of the other hotels nor will I after my stay here. We checked in on Friday for 4 nights we got to the hotel about 2 hours early and decided to go ahead and see if our room was ready, which it was and they let us check in. My parents were coming in by train and weren't going to be there until later that night and we requested that they try and put them on the same floor which they not only did but put them right across the hall from us. There are so many things to list about how awesome the staff at this hotel is and how each one of them cares about making your stay the best it can be. They offer free shuttle to the 33rd & Ranson St Subway stop on the 7 train which will take you to Grand Central and then you can get to anywhere in the city you need to go. They set up a car service for us to reach the event that we came to New York for on Saturday afternoon and evening. The shuttle runs to the Subway every 30 minutes but if you just missed it they will give you a card with a phone # to call and come get you instead of waiting. It is in an industrial area but safe and not too bad of walk back to the hotel if you didn't want to catch the shuttle. I read where parking is an issue before my stay and yes while there isn't a ton of parking at the hotel I had no problem finding a spot on the ajacent street right across the street. The rooms were very clean, the 2 double room is a little small if you plan on staying in the room all day but didn't matter to me as we were out visiting family and enjoying the sites around New York. Free breakfast was great every morning and alot of variety, not a continental breakfast they have eggs, sausage, waffle etc. I love this place and can't wait to get back for another stay the next time we are in the city. Look at parking rates at other hotels and the Free Parking at this hotel is a big bonus. We got a lot for half the price were were going to pay in Manhattan and that doesn't include the $35-$65 that they charge extra to park. Anyway you can't and won't go wrong at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Manhattan view, we requested that like other reviewers had suggested in previous reviews and at night it is great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and we had no issues. Based on the prior reviews, I want to address the location: yes, its in an 'industrial style' area; however, the street, Van Dam was quite busy at night. My husband and I walked back to the hotel from the #7 train stop almost every night. We had no issues and we felt completely safe.

The hotel was ideal for us not just because of the price, but the location. We attend the US Open during our stay and the #7 train took us straight there. Also, we were only a few stops from Times Square.

We had a decent view of the city and unlike the prior reviewer, I did not experience noise disturbance.

I would stay at this hotel again when I return to NYC because it's affordable and the amenities, free Wi-Fi, free parking, free breakfast, and free shuttle service to the train stop, were convenient.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple