I just finished a stay here on a family vacation to NYC. Most of our trip revolved around Manhattan, but we didn't want to pay Manhattan prices and opted to stay at the Fairfield Inn - Long Island City.
The hotel is about a 10 minute subway ride to Times Square. The subway station (33rd St on the 7 line) is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel or you can opt to use a free shuttle offered by the hotel. From my room I had a great view of the NYC skyline, which was pretty nice. All of that, and parking at the hotel was free, so that also saved $15 - 20 per night.
The rooms are a decent size by NYC standards. My room had two queen beds. One bed was against the wall (nearest to the window) and the other had about a foot of space between the bed and the wall. There was about 4 feet between beds. The bathroom was actually quite large. In short, the room is far from being large, but there is certainly enough space to comfortably hang out after a long day of work or sight seeing.
This hotel possibly has the best breakfast I've had at a Fairfield Inn. In my experience, a Fairfield normally has a variety of Jimmy Dean sandwiches and a waffle iron. Here, they had pancake, bacon, sausage, and cheese omelets in addition to the pastries and fruit you would expect. The staff worked pretty hard and kept the foot fully stocked at all times. It was a great way to start off the day.
The have two treadmills, an elliptical machine, and a bike in the fitness room. All of the equipment was LifeFitness and in good working order. The treadmills each had their own TV with cable, which is a big plus for me.
Overall, I was very pleased with my stay at the hotel. The rooms was nice and clean and the staff never did anything to put me off. The location is great and this hotel offers a wonderful value for budget travelers coming to NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •On-site parking, fee: 25 USD daily •Very limited (25) parking spaces available, first come first serve basis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Long Island City
- Fairfield Inn Queens
- Long Island City Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City/Manhattan View