Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
$199
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Long Island City(Long Island City)
$155
$138
Agoda.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$165
$150
QualityInn
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn - Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$115
$101
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$142
$119
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree shuttlewafflesstarbucks coffeevan dam streetmarriott standardssubway stationshuttle serviceindustrial areanew yorkevery half hourirish pubhotel shuttletimes squarethe hotel offersbusiness centernight's sleeptrain stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel, and in particular the wonderful staff (VERY, VERY helpful and NOT with their hand out, the Front Officer supervisor Anastasia in particular). (Free) Breakfast was fine, usual Marriott quality. Room a bit small but comfortable.

If you are being picked up or local to hotel (or willing to drive in NY), this is an excellent value. I was there for a Broadway show and they had a very good price. However, I had hoped to use mass transit to get into Manhattan, but the time required made using a cab far better. However, then I discovered you can't call a cab (not radio dispatched in that area) and rare to cruise by. The hotel will (quickly and easily) arrange a car, but then you pay for the car and bridge tolls which are about $10 each way more than the cab I took back. I also found these drivers did NOT know Manhattan (not even Broadway theaters).

Still an outstanding visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed one night with my 2 girls after a show in NY and before a flight from JFK.
Location is in the middle of an industrial area but the shuttle will take you to any of 10 restaurants for free. We ended up ordering take away to the hotel lobby and it was good. Breakfast was a bit of a mess since the hotel was full I guess so we had to wait about 10-15 min for a table and no one from the staff was there to organize it so people kind of jumped on each other. There was one lady there but she just stop with her back to the people texting on her phone.... We sat at a dirty table but the actual food was nice, I guess if we came earlier it might have been less crowded.
The rooms where very small, we had a room with 2 double beds (not queens) and there was no room to get into the beds from the side of the wall. Bathroom and shower were OK and clean.
View on NY is Nice from the room but the window was so dirty that we needed to open it to take a picture (it was a freezing 29 Fahrenheit outside)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ohad B
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is a nice compromise of being close to Manhattan and not paying too much. The property is new and clean, staff very friendly. We came late and the guard walked around hotel with us and showed the space to park the car. Beds comfy. Wifi in the room not fast enough to watch movies but adequate to check e-mail or the maps/web sites. Standard breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon or sausage, pancakes of waffle, yogurt, cream cheese, cereal etc). Breakfast zone could be busy around 8:30 am with no seats available. Shuttle takes you to subway station 33rd St on line 7 every 30 minutes and on the way back - you have to call for pick up. However, there is no shuttle after 10:30 pm so if you see a Broadway show, you have to walk in an unpleasant area the hotel is located. Fridge in a room would be a nice and necessary touch for us to use their services again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

While I agree the location isn't the greatest..and a little bit scary to be walking back from the subway late at night, the friendly staff, super clean rooms and awesome view more than make up for it. I'd rather stay outside the hustle and bustle of manhattan to get a good nights sleep and then take a 15 minute subway ride into the city for the day.

We stayed there for 4 nights, the breakfast had a lot of variety, alternating between pancakes and waffles each day. Lots of fresh fruit, breads, yogurts and beverages to choose from.

The shuttle to and from the subway worked great for us. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be picked up from either the hotel or the subway.

All in all it was a wonderful stay with absolutely NO complaints. A lot of hotels could learn a thing or two from this place!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank haf2001
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my third visit to this property. As a Marriott platinum elite member, I know what this property should be like. It is NOT. Very limited parking for cars and if you have a bus forget about this hotel. Parking is three blocks away and not very secure (when I asked the hotel employee how secure it was, he laughed). This hotel has no in room WiFi. I was informed I could use the data cable haphazardly flung around the lamp. Sure...where does that go on my iPad again? The area around this hotel...sucks. Heavy industrial (think semi traffic starting at 4 am). No food in the area except a small little breakfast doughnut shop. My first stay here the front desk personnel were the worst I've ever had. The second year they were stellar, but they have both since moved up and away. This year when I told the man that I have always parked my motor-coach by using the hotel vans to hold my space. The guy told me "well that was the past two years, not now" I called down to the desk to ask if my premium Internet (for my laptop using a wired connection) was complimentary as a platinum elite member (keep in mind this service is $28 a week) and was informed that the standard Internet was free and had the same download speeds as the paid, sounds like a scam to me. I personally occupied room 911, a handicap room. Sub-par. The handicap shower had no lip on the floor and flooded the entire floor, the vent on the ceiling fell down, and the Internet and phone lines are just haphazardly wired together next to the bed . after one night , I was switched to room 203 MUCH better and picks up the lobby WiFi (however only one bar) , but when I arrived into my new room after they moved my luggage for me, I found my room empty. It was in room 805!!! Luckily the people occupying that room were part of my group so nothing was wrong with my luggage. In short, I, my company, or the 45+ people we bring with us a year will NEVER stay here again. Two bad experiences is enough for this traveler.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business