“Very pleasantly surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ravel Hotel
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Long Island City
“Very pleasantly surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My sister found this hotel and, after looking at its location, I was skeptical. However, the staff at the hotel definitely made up for any lack of location. They all were very courteous and accommodating. Our room on the first floor was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was very affordable and the chef makes a great omelet on the buffet. The restaurant terrace view of the Queensborough Bridge and Manhattan was a knockout. The hotel also provided free shuttle service to and from the hotel to Penn Station and restaurants in the area. (Also delicious)!
We would definitfly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice especially for the price and they provide shuttle from train to hotel. Nice penthouse restaurant with great view of the city. Front desk staff was friendly. Rooms were unique but small. Would liked to have had a tub.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mark E
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our first trip to New York to see the US tennis open. Chose the hotel just because it was halfway between Flushing Meadows and Manhattan. They could not have been nicer. Upgraded our room to a beautiful boutique room. They had free shuttle service every hour to the MTA or subway stations. Picked us up whenever we got back to the station. Shuttled us to the restaurant district and got a car to take us to the train station early the morning we flew home. Printed our flight tickets. The rooftop bistro served a great breakfast for $10 and had beautiful views of Manhattan at night.
Sure, the neighborhood wasn't great but the people were.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked this hotel because I was in a wedding and the bride was staying here. Upon arrival, I drove past it because it doesn't look like a typical hotel. Upon entering the lobby, I thought okay it looks decent and the staff seems friendly enough. However, once I checked in, I was informed that they needed to make a copy of my license so they would know who is staying in the room, as if looking at my license wasn't good enough. H*ll, if I had a guest they'd never know, so needless to say I wasn't happy about their procedures, but I was told I could get the copy back upon check out. That was another lie. I entered the room and the floor was cracked and the lighting was bad. The furniture in the sitting room was filty and disgusting. The best part of the room was the bathroom minus the water pressure when you flushed the toilet. The had a peculiar smell, not dirty but not clean. The front desk stated their was a restaurant on the penthouse. However, they failed to mention it didn't open til 5pm. There are no food establishments nearby. There is a club that goes until 3am, in which the club patrons take precedence over hotel guests. Needless to say, I checked out that night, which was the same day that I checked in. I would never ever stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Best to get a bottom room floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank t3gray
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

After getting an AMAZING deal for this hotel we weren't sure what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised! At first I wasn't sure of the location - feeling a little isolated from manhattan, but on our first morning we walked from the hotel to Central Park over the bridge and it took around half an hour, and if you're scared of long walks you have definitely chosen the wrong holiday anyway! rainy mornings we would walk towards the bridge and on the road leading to the bridge there was always am abundance of yellow cabs willing to take us over normally costing around $12. And yellow cabs were perfectly willing to take us back to the hotel at night while not always sure of the location (tell them to take the upper rdway over the bridge, turn right when they come off the slip road - then first left & the hotel is at the end of this road! The cleanliness was of a standard I have NEVER experienced in a hotel before it was perfect! The shower enclosures in the room were wonderful, and the bed comfort was excellent. The highlight of the whole experience was breakfast and dinner on the rooftop bar - the panoramic view of manhattan was simply breathtaking in the morning and at night - and the food & cocktails were out of this world! I absolutely loved it and would go back in a minute!

Room Tip: To avoid nightclub noise a 1st floor room is recommended
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Groningen, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Hotel is about 15-20 min walk from subway. Hotel offers free shuttleservice to subs every hour after 10 am. Neighborhood is dirty. Rooms are big but need some upgrade. (They are building a new hotel onside so I think they give this priority) internet is free in the lobby but $10 a day in the room!!. We stayed with a 9 month old baby and they charge $25 dollar for a babybed a night. Luckely we brought a pop up babybed. View from rooftop is very nice

• Stayed August 2013
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We did have one problem at this hotel, but it was taken care of right away! I didn't know about the shuttle, but we'll definitely use it next time. We had a great view of the city, and the beds were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The night club was on the roof! We stopped in to pick up some sushi - which was really yummy. We stayed there on a Monday night, but I'll plan to check out the night club next time!!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a room with a view! Don't stay on the 5th floor unless you don't min...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family