All reviewsrooftop restaurantshuttle servicequeensboro bridgenew yorkeast riverfree shuttlemanhattan skylinesubway stationcentral parkbalconycitynyccabvernonlicbrooklyn
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel. But we did go to the restaurant. AND WE LIKED IT.
Very relaxing and highly recommended.

Now THIS is a great place to have dinner and view the majestic New York skyline. It's kinda odd that you have to get out of Manhattan to see the full skyline, but you do.

Also, here you don't have to fight traffic and fight for a parking spot. If you wanna take the train, the hotel/restaurant is about five blocks away from the closest station. It's the first station across the East River. The hotel has a shuttle - you may want to call to ask the availability. (888) 291-3411.

They have some pricier menu options of course, but also have some reasonably-priced options too. We didn't experience any of the drama that some others have posted. We came for the view and the food and left happy. Though they don't own the view, I'll give them five stars for having the view. The bridge is very cool to see at night, also.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tustin_Michael
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have just returned home after a long weekend of sightseeing in NYC.

The Ravel was chosen on by us on the basis of price and views.

However, it has to be said that very clever photography has helped to mask over certain issues. The hotel is located about 15/20 mins walk to either queensboro plaza or queens plaza station which did not bother us but it may bother others because the area is not great and does require you to be vigilant at all times.

The staff at the hotel were polite and informative but you are required to leave $150 deposit on check in which wasnt a problem but it would have been good to know before arrival.

In its present condition the Ravel did not represent a 4* hotel based on cosmetic looks but a renovation is under way and should be complete in 2014. The rooms were very clean and spacious and the beds were comfortable.

We had an evening meal in the penthouse along with cocktails which was superb!

Overall it was a pleasent stay and we will certainly consider returning

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank danny100883
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I reside in NH and, I usually visit Long Island City,NY a lot during the Spring and Summer. In July of 2012 a group of us decided to stay in a hotel instead of relatives homes. So, we chose "Ravel". I was amazed at how lovely and modern the "Ravel" was. The hospitality is amazing, front desk even remembered me from my phone calls there. The rooms are VERY spacious with SPECTACULAR skyline views of "Manhattan". The rooftop is simply breathtaking with beautiful sunsets behind the city view. The "Penthouse" restaurant is simply wonderful also, but; a little pricey for me. I am from NH and we don't have tax so that needed a little getting use to. There are many sights in Long Island City also. The short walk down to Gantry State Park is worth the view of the East River with a gorgeous landscaped boardwalk. We all enjoyed ourselves so much we are already booked for 2013.

Room Tip: The 4th floor to the right, going toward 44th Dr. Great balcony view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank donnatorres120566
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my wife to NY for a romantic weekend getaway. The room was comfortable and romantic. Everything in the room was new and trendy. All of the staff were friendly except the front desk. It seemed as if they were used to dealing with younger urban guest because of the way they spoke to us. Other than that, the hotel was very clean, centrally located and affordable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlitos C
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was discplaced from my home and found the Ravel to meet the needs of location and pet friendly. What I was not expecting and was a pleasant suprise was the roof top. Very nice.

The hotel was a welcome place to stay for the 2 days. The staff was accomodating especially on my departure. They made me feel like they did not want me to leave.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business