Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$227
$197
HolidayInn.com
$148
$115
$109
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Wyndham Garden Long Island City(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$233
$175
  • Restaurant
The Paper Factory Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$229
$132
$129
Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$278
$220
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Vetiver(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$169
$137
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
$288
$250
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Z NYC Hotel(Long Island City)(Great Value!)
$263
$177
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $207/night.

All reviewsrooftop restaurantshuttle servicequeensboro bridgenew yorkeast riverfree shuttlemanhattan skylineevery hoursubway stationcentral parkcitynyccabvernonlicbrooklyn
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was discplaced from my home and found the Ravel to meet the needs of location and pet friendly. What I was not expecting and was a pleasant suprise was the roof top. Very nice.

The hotel was a welcome place to stay for the 2 days. The staff was accomodating especially on my departure. They made me feel like they did not want me to leave.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stevem1711
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here clean rooms nice club upstairs and I liked my view of the city from the balcony. Real comfortable beds. Pleasant front desk employees. No free wi fi but, you will be busy enjoying the vibe of your room. In the penthouse upstairs, nice club with outside area. Sexy look had alot of sexy people there. It was a cool vibe, there was one guy who was overdrunk and acting a fool but the bouncers there was cool and spoke to him and he cooled off. Nice looking woman was on deck I enjoyed the view and the music was nice and I have nothing but good reviews for this hotel/nightclub. For smokers there is a outside deck for that, but if you have a room don't think bout smoking in the room unless you ready to cough up that fine money and it is not work it. If you stay in the hotel you can go to the club as a guest and if you not a hotel guess you can just pay admission for the club with proper id and attire of course.

Room Tip: You may want a room facing the bridge for that nyc skyline view it is a nice look. The higher rooms are near the penthouse club so it may be a little traffic on the weekends at night but it is all good it is the weekend have fun
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JBREEZEY
Reviewed January 26, 2013

After much deliberation my wife and I decided not to stay in Manhattan. Our reasoning for this is that we could get a lot more for our money outside of Manhattan and we could get an MTA week travel card for $30 for unlimited subway use. The Ravel hotel is near Queensboro and Queensboro Plaza subways which are only 10 mins from Times Square on the Subway.We stayed in a Superior King room. The room is a good size but all open plan (which is interesting). The view of the Manhattan sjyline was nice but our blind in our room was broken so always 2/3 shut. We also noticed a lot of the mini bar had been drunk/eaten and filled up with water. We immediately reported this so we were not charged. The first issue we did find is that getting from Newark Airport to Queens is not easy. Most company's will not take you there as they have to pay to go back into Manhattan. We used Future Taxi which was Amazing! The room was clean but run down, the water was not 100% clear and there were a few items that looked a little tired. The staff were friendly and we did not experience any issues with the Penthouse that other TA reviews had described. We saw no issues in Queens but did not want to venture out as all the staff made us aware not to. The hotel runs a free shuttle service to the subway which is why we booked this particular hotel. This is great for taking you there but not picking you up. 3 times we were left waiting in the cold and after getting a taxi back we were told the shuttle did come but didnt see us. This would have been impossible as we were standing curbside for 45 mins. The other issue is that no Taxi knows where the hotel is and even if you tell them, they are never sure on how to get there on the one way system. The hotel does have a card with directions to give taxi drivers but we were not given this until our last day. We ate breakfast once at the hotel and found it to be ok. A little overpriced but not too bad. It was nice to eat in the glass penthouse with the sun shining so we were happy. Check-in and checkout were fine and we did ask if we could order takeout when we arrived as it was too late to eat out (and we did not fancy paying the hotels prices for food). Not only did they say we could but they also provided us with menus for local takeouts, once it arrived they called our room for us to come down (this is a nice touch they do not have to do). As we left we realised major building works going on next door and asked what was happening, the hotel staff advised they were expanding and were installing a pool as well. All in all we liked the Ravel, it was a good stay but it does become a drag getting a subway and a taxi each morning and evening especially if you come back to change for dinner. This is a really good medium budget option if you are looking for something 3/4 star but if you can afford it (or want to pay it) then I would recommend staying in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are the minimum. If you go for a deluxe you will not get a good view! You will get a little noise from the rooftop bar but it is not too bad
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel. Rooms are not as big, but certainly comfortable. Fiancee decided to eat some peanuts that were stored in the snack bar and next thing you know ( do to my honesty), at check-out the gentleman asked "consumed anything"? Yes, Peanuts. Ok $14. I felt like they scammed me. Patel should have known better than that....Organic Peanuts do not even cost as much. The roof bar restaurant was smooth. The evening can get quite noisy, do the partying, but hey "people having simply a good time". Drinks are $10-$12, beers, I don't remember. Would I stay he again, YES. WOuld i consume anything in the snack bar "HELL NO". Enjoy the nice view of Manhattan as you are drinking a smooth drink : )

Room Tip: Don't eat from the snack bar---big time Scam!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlian R
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I went to New York to get married and we stayed at the Ravel Hotel. We saw the reviews for it being a party hotel and with us being young we thought it would be cool. Well we enjoyed the food, and the service was pretty good. I would like to mention that we both have high standards for hotels since my wife and I are both managers of a hotel so we expect almost the best. This hotel is in need of renovations badly. It may have looked great when they first opened the hotel but they for sure have let it go. Housekeepers do not understand nor speak any english at all. Everything is so out dated and run down in that hotel. Almost thought I was in the ghetto. The pictures they have up are very decieving. There hotel no longer looks like that. When we got home I looked to see if I had gotten my refund yet, well I had gotten my refund for the deposit but not for the full amount. I had my reciept stating that I was getting a full refund so this came to me as a surprise. Well they had charged us for soda's that we didnt take from there very expensive rooms. So I called and talked to the manager 3 different times, and all 3 times they stated that they put the refund through. Well I still have yet to see it. I would only recommend this hotel for the view(we had a great one)but other than that I would never recommend this hotel or ever go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple