All reviews rooftop restaurant shuttle service queensboro bridge new york east river free shuttle local subway manhattan skyline central park balcony city nyc cab lic brooklyn jfk
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed here from Dec 29 2011 till Jan 2 2012. The price of the room was $189 per night us. The
rooms were loft style and had a modern feel to them. The close proximity to the sub way may heading in to the city a breeze. They also have a limo service that will take you any where in Midtown for 25$. We took advantage of this our first night when we went out for dinner at Sparks Steak house. The service was out standing at this hotel the front desk staff would go out of their way to help you. The hotel has a restaurant on the top floor which serves a buffet breakfast. the view here is out standing. The hotel has a shuttle service to and from the sub way station take advantage of this. I would stay here again no question. This hotel is a close to Manhattan you will get with out paying the high prices.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have just had a 4 night stay at this hotel and found it to be ideal for a our trip. The room was spotless and the toiletries and towels were replenished every day. The shuttle to the station was very handy and we did walk back from the station one day. It took about 15 minutes. The staff were very helpful but we found the rooftop bar a bit pricey (9 dollars for a bottle of water) also the service charge inflated the costs to a very unrealistic amount - so beware. We had the continental breakfast one day which was reasonable and cost 7 dollars and you could have a cooked breakfast for $12. I would guess that some of the rooms need refurbishing from reading previous reviews but our rooms were ok. The view of the Queensboro Bridge at night is nice but the view of Manahttan is slightly marred by the two chimneys. Overall though a good place to stay and for what we paid it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bridge when booking
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was an overnight guest at the hotel. My first time back in the old neighborhood in about 12 years.
I found the hotel to be very nice and comfortable. The staff was very attentive to my needs and were very polite. I will be going back to the old neighborhood soon and will stay at this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I was here with my wife for a getaway . With 5 things i can describe my expirence.
1) The view its nice but if you remove the industrial chimneys in front of the building.
2) Location isnt that safe if you try to walk at night ( Project housing next to the hotel).
3. The furniture and the bathroom needs major renovation.
4. The Penthouse 808 horrible and so pricey .

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank dnyc80
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the Ravel Hotel. Were upgraded to a suite but to be honest it was wasted on us as we only slept in the room - up early every morning and back late at night. We were glad that we had chosen this hotel as the view from our bedroom window was amazing, especially of the sun rising against the Manhattan skyline and the Queensborough Bridge. Yes there are industrial smokestacks but they dont take up the whole view. We made use of the free shuttle service to the subway station every morning and took a taxi back at night. On a downside the breakfast was poor and not worth the money.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the river is a must