“Very Pleasant Stay”
Review of Ravel Hotel

Ravel Hotel
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Long Island City
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have just had a 4 night stay at this hotel and found it to be ideal for a our trip. The room was spotless and the toiletries and towels were replenished every day. The shuttle to the station was very handy and we did walk back from the station one day. It took about 15 minutes. The staff were very helpful but we found the rooftop bar a bit pricey (9 dollars for a bottle of water) also the service charge inflated the costs to a very unrealistic amount - so beware. We had the continental breakfast one day which was reasonable and cost 7 dollars and you could have a cooked breakfast for $12. I would guess that some of the rooms need refurbishing from reading previous reviews but our rooms were ok. The view of the Queensboro Bridge at night is nice but the view of Manahttan is slightly marred by the two chimneys. Overall though a good place to stay and for what we paid it was well worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bridge when booking
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ravel Hotel

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was an overnight guest at the hotel. My first time back in the old neighborhood in about 12 years.
I found the hotel to be very nice and comfortable. The staff was very attentive to my needs and were very polite. I will be going back to the old neighborhood soon and will stay at this hotel again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I was here with my wife for a getaway . With 5 things i can describe my expirence.
1) The view its nice but if you remove the industrial chimneys in front of the building.
2) Location isnt that safe if you try to walk at night ( Project housing next to the hotel).
3. The furniture and the bathroom needs major renovation.
4. The Penthouse 808 horrible and so pricey .

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank dnyc80
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in the Ravel Hotel. Were upgraded to a suite but to be honest it was wasted on us as we only slept in the room - up early every morning and back late at night. We were glad that we had chosen this hotel as the view from our bedroom window was amazing, especially of the sun rising against the Manhattan skyline and the Queensborough Bridge. Yes there are industrial smokestacks but they dont take up the whole view. We made use of the free shuttle service to the subway station every morning and took a taxi back at night. On a downside the breakfast was poor and not worth the money.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the river is a must
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed overnight at this hotel and enjoyed my stay. The staff was pleasant and pictures online are accuarate. The hotel lobby/lounge/bar area looks bigger in the picture than it actually is but clean. I saw a review where someone complained of cracks in the floor and this is true but I was looking for them. The few cracks are small in comparison if reviewing the hotel as a whole. The hotel room floor hallway rugs either need a good shampooing or new rugs all together (no smells in hallway, just well traveled rugs) BUT when I entered MY room (512) that all went out of the window. The room was very NICE and clean and just as it is pictured online. I am a New Yorker and the view from my room of the city Skyline was AMAZING!! YES, the hotel is located in somewhat of an industrial/vacant area and there are eye sores. THIS DOES NOTHING TO THE AMAZING VIEW. Its like a DOT. You can stay in MANHATTAN and skip the couple of eye sores for about an extra $200-300 a night, be my guest. Manhattan is just across the bridge. I will suggest and recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family. In fact, I already did. I would go again.

Room Tip: Get a room with the balcony!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TruLeeSexEme S
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Avoid at all cost! Terrible location, too frightfull to leave your room. Rooftop dancing to extremely loud music that shakes the entire building until 3 a.m. most nights. The views are of industrial smokestacks and sleazy factories. Bathrooms need major work. Housekeeping needs a new manager. Bottom line: it is a disaster.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank helinas
Reviewed October 13, 2012

spectacular view with big rooms and large bathroom. The room we stayed in was very modern and clean. We all slept very soundly and were well pleased with the quality of the amenities. Free parking in a secure lot and easy access to the city. Shuttle service to subway station and you can be in Times Square in just a few minutes. Excellent value for New York city area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends