“Not a bad place if you can deal with the noise.”
Review of Brixx Barley

Brixx Barley
Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Long Beach
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Atlantic Beach, New York
“Not a bad place if you can deal with the noise.”
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at both the bar and table service. The food and service were good. In fact the burger I had at the bar was really good. They have a choice of almost 30 cold beers on tap. I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. The only set back is noise. It's a major over though. I'm cool with a loud bar area but the dining room is so loud conversation can be tough. Atmosphere is fun but bar hurts the table service experience big time. I'll go back for that occasional beer and burger but it might have to wait until the summer crowd leaves the area.

Long Island, New York
“Terrible”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I have very little good to report on this place. We ordered the house salad to share. The wrong salad came out because apparently there are two salads called house salad. We finally got the Brixx house salad and we were unpressed. The field greens were bitter and they used a low quality gorgonzala cheese which was chopped instead of crumbled. The walnuts were soft or stale. The dressing could have been from a bottle off a supermarket shelf. The bread served was warm, but had little flavor and was not baked long enough to have any crunch to the crust. The only good thing was an herb butter with the bread. Then we got our pizza. I could imagine getting a pizza just as good from a supermarket freezer. The crust was bland and had the texture of frozen bread. The sauce had no kick and was too sugary. The cheese was cheese, and the few sprinkles of meatball were not enough to save this pathetic pizza.

All in all - an extremely disapointing meal.

Long Beach, New York
“Good Food but so noisy !!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very crowded and so noisy but the scampi pizza was really good. I don't understand why the music has to be so loud it doesn't. I will not go here when I want to have a conversation with someone, no matter how good the food is.

1 Thank k g
Lido Beach, New York
“Mixed Reactions”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were a group of 8 family members who arrived at 5 PM on a Saturday evening, WAY before "rush hour". The music and noise level were really high and loud, thus making normal conversation impossible. We were told that it would probably not be possible to turn down the music. Even though it was early in the evening and not yet busy, service was VERY inconsistent, and our waiter kept telling us that it was someone else's responsibility to bring our bread, our silverware, our drinks, etc. Huh? Portions are huge, and some meals were terrific (Boardwalk pizza, Chilean Sea Bass, Chicken Scarpariello, Duck taco appetizer, all of the salads, for instance), while others were dry and and short on ingredients (Margarita pizza, where there was not enough mozzarella on top, bland fish taco appetizer, and Shrimp Scampi pizza where the shrimp tasted like it came from a can and the dough tasted dry, dry, dry). The manager did not once visit our table, which probably explains why the staff was so lax and confused about responsibilities. Desserts were the highlight of our meal, so, I guess we all left with smiles on our faces after all. P.S. This IS a really fun place if you are here for the bar scene.

Valley Stream, New York
“Good food, very noisy”
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We were a party of 8, with a reservation for 8pm last Friday. We arrived at 7:55 and did not get seated until around 8:45. They also tried to fit the 8 of us at a table for 4. That wasn't happening. After my friend complained, they bought us drinks. The food is really good and the menu has a wide variety of choices. They also gave us desserts on the house. I would give it a higher rating if it weren't so noisy and disorganized.

Visited June 2014