“Great food, laid back beachy atmosphere!”

Lola's Kitchen and Wine Bar
Ranked #19 of 124 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Lola's is a great place to head to for a delicious meal....great wines, a well thought out and delicious menu, a laid back bar scene, friendly unhurried service...Long Beach is so nice in the early fall....follow your chocolate pecan pie dessert with a walk on the new floodlit boardwalk....a mini vacation on a work night!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I like Lola's. Don't get me wrong. Just was rubbed the wrong way a little by spacey hostess, and then waitress. We wanted to sit outside (they have 2 areas of seating). We asked for one location and were told there were reservations made for those tables. But no one ever showed up during the time we were there. I know.. sometimes things happen. But still....

Then a fly flew into one of our drinks and upon letting the waitress know, hoping she would just promptly replace the drink, said " I'll check with the bartender" or something like that, as if to suggest they might not honor the problem and replace the drink. And usually a restaurant might say " Sorry about that. We'll get another for you". But it felt more like she wasn't sure whether or not we would and didn't want to commit to it.

A little while later she returned with a glass filled to what seemed like the exact height of what was remaining in the glass that was returned. It just felt, I don't know, kind of nit picky.

Here's what I think: If you as a patron find a bug in your food or drink, not only should they cheerfully AND promptly without question replace said item, but also perhaps offer something else to you for free in compensation for the inconvenience.

So that's really all I have to say about that.

I would have given this place the highest rating, but because of these few things, I have downgraded my rating.

Although one time my husband and I went for brunch and it was really outstanding.

Quality of service counts as much as the food in the entire experience I'm afraid.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

lola's has great service and ambiance that makes the meal very enjoyable. the pizza is delicious and my boyfriend loves the pork dish. highly recommend.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

we ordered Monday night special and I have to tell you it was really good included a whole lobster and clams mussels roasted potatoes and corn. Not too large and not too small and cooked to perfection. The ambiance was really nice too. The only down side was that we waited 20 minutes for and appetizer and the restaurant was pretty empty I cant imagine how long you would wait if it was cranking.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from dinner at Lola's. We had a good dinner. It was not bad at all. But, I wouldn't say it was GREAT. I would certainly go back. Our waitress, Jen, was friendly and nice. The bbq flatbread pizza was delicious. The crab cakes were average. Definitely not the best crab cakes I've had. The wine was good and definitely reasonably priced. I recommend trying to the wine flights. The pours were quite generous. For our entrees I had the short ribs. They were good. My boyfriend had the hanger steak. It was good as well. We were full and did not have any dessert.

Overall, I'd recommend Lola's just b/c the location is nice. It's a few blocks away from the boardwalk. The service and food were good. It's a fun place to have dinner on Long Beach.