“Excellent”

Lola's Kitchen and Wine Bar
Ranked #13 of 120 Restaurants in Long Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The food is great...great drinks, nice staff, nice atmosphere and great outdoor seating!
We had a great dinner.

Visited February 2013

New York
“Not impressed”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was my first time at Lola's. We read good reviews so were looking forward to having dinner there. Big sign outside indicating 3 course dinner special for $20.13 But as soon as we were seated there was a sign at the table indicating that because it was the beginning of Long Island restaurant week they were not offering the $20 special but replacing it with a $27.80 3 course restaurant week special. This was virtually the same menu for approximatelt $8 more. REALLY! Take down the big lighted sign outside. The place was very cute & cozy however tables were very close together especially near the windows where you felt you were dining with the people on either side of you. We ordered appetizers and entrees.....food was actually tasteless! We later noticed that some people were having flights of martini's which were neither on the drinks menu nor offered to us. When we finally got our check had to ask another waitress to take our bill after waiting 20 minutes for our waitress to return. Will not be back!

New York City, New York
“Add a star or two if...”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Lola's is a good fun place. I have no complaint with it. Service was okay. We went on a Saturday night with reservations and the staff seemed strained to keep up but they were very nice and seemed to try their best ! It was loud. Add a star if you like loud music during dinner. Add another star if you like jam band music which played the night of our visit. The place is trying to go for a Key West vibe, which is a good thing. The steak sandwiches were a big hit at our table. Very good and very big. Big enough for a second meal the next day !

New York, New York, United States
“Our Family Had A Great Time!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I drove from Brooklyn to take our two teenage daughters to Lola's this evening for dinner and we had an exceptional time. We didn't have reservations so they seated us in easy chairs around a low coffee table in the front not to far from the bar. The bar had the type of potted palms that fan out above it. There were also circulating ceiling fans. My husband and I thought that gave the place a sort of Key West vibe. When we were finishing our meal the lights dimmed and the number of people around the bar (eating and drinking) increased which only added to that Key West feeling for us.

The staff was courteous, attentive, and helpful. The chips they serve w/salsa as a starter were warm and wonderful and but there weren't so many of them that you could fill up and not be able to eat the meal.

We started with buffalo wings which my husband asked to be mild and that's what we got. We also ordered quesadillas which were delicious. We shared the appetizers but decided to take some home so we could enjoy eating our meal. I ordered a Manhattan on the rocks with lots of cherries and I got a very nicely mixed, large cocktail with plenty of cherries.

I ordered the marinated hanger steak with roasted vegetables and sauteed onions. Absolutely Delicious when I started and there was a hefty serving. My only negative of the entire evening is that as I progressed through the meat, the marinate seemed to get to be a tad too much. My daughter ordered a 10 oz bacon/cheeseburger which she said was perfect. My husband got the French stuffed chicken breast which he also said was excellent. My fifteen year old is a very picky eater. Her idea of fine dining is McDonald's chicken tenders. She ordered the chicken tips and didn't like them. She ate her french fries and her sister's french fries as well, but that's par for the course for her.

My husband and I split the pecan pie ala mode and the key lime pie. Both were excellent. I ate half of the pecan pie and tasted the key lime pie, but had to take the key lime home as I was stuffed. We both had cappuccinos which hit the spot.

Our water glasses were constantly refilled. The waitress came over to ask how we were enjoying our meal. My husband could see the open kitchen from where he was seated which added to his enjoyment of the meal. The only time I saw the open kitchen was when I walked to the ladies room, but as I'm a Food Network watcher, I felt seeing into the kitchen added to the total experience, even though I only got a passing glimpse of it.

On the way out, I left my sunglasses on the table and the hostess ran out after us to return them to me. Our family enjoys Long Beach and we drive from Brooklyn several times a year to eat and/or go to the beach in the summer. We will definitely go back to Lola's.

3 Thank Nike C
Bellmore, NY
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great Food, great service, enjoyable evening. Really went out of their way to make us happy. Decorated with a great theme

Visited September 2012