“Don't expect much”
Review of Long Beach Hotel

Long Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I think they should lower their price. Online picture look better than it really is. Very basic, old hotel. I saw a review that elevator was not working in September and it wasn't working in October. Staff friendly and were quick to help. My tv was not working and they showed up within 60 seconds. I got locked out of my room a few times. Had to have my key reset. Lots of running up and down the stairs. The floor in my room was so slippery. Couldn't wear socks or slippers. The floor was slanted and creeky. I'm a light sleeper but having the AC on all night helped and I don't think the hotel was very busy. It was a 30 second walk to the beach so that made it worth it. I loved the shampoo and conditioner. When I walked into the room I was very disapointed and wasn't susre what to expect. Big gaping hole in the wall where the tv cable comes from. If you just need a place to sleep, close to the beach, it's not bad. Just don't expect too much.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I showed up at 8pm on a friday night to try out this restaurant which i thought would become a staple of both this hotel and the town of long beach, however, was i wrong, the guy told me they are closed due to pretty much no reason what so ever, he took me in the back and showed me the restaurant, wow what a joke, i could hear the crickets and see the dust, to me it looked like a non working restaurant, there wasn't even a sign anywhere outside or inside that a restaurant even exists. Long beach itself doesn't have many great restaurants, if they were able to create nice looking place with some good food, they would probably do very well, however, to me it seems like they are incapable of producing a proper working restaurant as well as a hotel. These people need to put some effort into this place, i'm really dissappointed. Go back to the drawing board.

Room Tip: go to the allegria, they have great rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jared L
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Would not stay there ever again. One of the worst experiences I've ever had. Rooms were filthy, dingy, bathroom was disgustingly dirty and very small. Elevator was not working. Had to climb very steep stairs with my luggage to a very disappointing room. Hallways were dingy and dark. Walls were badly painted (30 years thick). Doors did not shut. When I put the water on in the bathtub it was brown and would not drain properly. WHAT A RIP OFF.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Called in on the offchance and was offered a room at reasonable rate. Very close to excellent Long Beach, recently upgraded and obviously on the up. Enjoyed very good food and meal service, but the outstanding element was the great service from the reception staff (Shannon) who really put herself out to help. A credit to her company.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

No coffee, no ice machine, no soda machine.
Designated exits were boarded. Exit signs had bulbs that did not work. We had to ask for towels.
Service was friendly, however slow. The price for this run down facility does not reflect it's value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank johnsonmanor
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I needed a place to crash after a day at the beach with other friends who lived locally. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly, making the reception quite inviting. The bed was comfortable and gave us a great night's sleep. The large flat screen TV in the room came with cable and a variety of channels, and there was free wifi. The bathroom was a decent size (Tiny bathrooms are a pet peeve of mine.), and included a tub which came in handy when showering off little ones which our party had in tow. The linens were of high quality too, including the plush towels which felt amazing after a hot shower. The food and service at the hotel's restaurant and bar was great, too.
Long Beach Hotel does not tout itself a "luxury" hotel, is not part of some conglomerate chain, and is not a resort. Nor does it charge exorbitantly, so I don't know what upgrades and amenities negative reviewers had expected. This place exceeded my expectations and is a great independent BEACH hotel. The room was not that small either considering the size of the hotel, but some of the furniture was too big for the room and ill placed. That is the only drawback and something that the hotel can fix. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Check in is not until 3 p.m., but arrive early to get a good parking spot on the street, and purchas...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I read the negative reviews, and i'm so glad that I did not listen to them... about 6 of us had rooms there... I was pleasantly surprised when I got there.. Yes the place is an old, moderately updated hotel.. The rooms had nice freshly redone hardwood floors, the mattresses were new, the tv was new, the linens were nice, and it did have new air conditioner units in the windows.... No microwave, or coffeemaker, but really, get up and get out!! You're one block from a beautiful beach!! The rooms were small, but your there to sleep! The bathrooms were clean and small, and you get to appreciate the old charm that the hotel has.. I was told by a staff member that the hotel is still being worked on. What is currently available are only rooms with only 1 queen bed. The elevator was not working, and I was told that it would be the next week. I would call them to find out if it is in operation if you are handicapped.. A nice bellman who worked there was happy to lug up my 50 lb suitcase up a couple flights of stairs for me.. there is no onsite parking, lots of spaces in the street, and no valet service which bummed us all out.. So the parking is a hit or miss.. They have a really nice bar downstairs that seemed to have a good crowd every night.. the food was great from the restaurant however, the breakfast buffet was very disappointing to even look at, so we all decided to pass on that and drive to a deli. Overall, the staff was so friendly, happy, and the location was great, and its half the price of the sold out Allegria. I think it was the best bargain!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side, and if available the corner rooms, with the view of the water are...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
5 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#1 of 1 in Merrick

Been to Long Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!