“luxury”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed November 3, 2010

very pleased with our stay. The food was great and the hotel was wonderful. The staff was always there to help with anything we needed. Room was top notch with spa shower. Room service great and we did recieve a wake up call. The wine selection was wonderful. Wish we could have stayed longer. I will tell my friends to stay at the Allegria for sure. Hotel staff was wonderful as well.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed November 3, 2010

My wedding could not have been more perfect. The Allegria hosted my "Dream Wedding". From the relaxing yet uplifting ambience, to the fresh & delicious food (which was so difficult to choose b/c EVERYTHING at our "menu tasting" was off the charts delicious), to the IMPECCABLE Service, to my Unbelievable Bridal Suite in which I wish I could've stayed at longer!!! The last thing a bride needs on her wedding day is any extra anxiety - The Allegria squashed all my worries! Everytime I turned around, my bridal attendant was right there with a helping hand and a smile. My husband and I were so over the top about our experience and friends and family are still complimenting our Wedding at the "Allegria". THANK YOU again and again for an AMAZING experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

My fiance and I travel to south beach often in the winter since we love the beach and the trendy hot spots it has to offer. We had to be in NY for business so decided to check out the Allegria Hotel. There were a lot of mixed reviews, but the pictures of the hotel were stunning and we had to see this place for ourselves. Upon check in we were offered to upgrade to an oceanfront room we accepted the offer and we were really excited. We got into our rooms and the views were insane the room was moderately sized, crisp and clean, the beds were so comfortable and the shower was fantastic. We received a welcome call shortly after check in to see if we needed anything and made dinner reservations for the hotel restaurant. The hotel restaurant was my favorite part about the trip- the decor with the jellyfish lights was like nothing I had ever seen before and being a health freak the organic menu was an added plus. I had the scallops which were like a bite of heaven and my fiance had the striped bass. For dessert we had a pumpkin napolean which was delicious! The server was delightful and shared some activities we could do while in long beach. After dinner we had cocktails in the lounge by the fireplace and just relaxed. The next morning we ordered room service for breakfast and took the train into the city for a day of shopping. Everything about the hotel reminded us of our south beach hangouts and we are looking forward to returning to see their rooftop pool and lounge, can't wait for it to open, will be back in the summer to experience it ourselves!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The place is beautifully designed. True to Long Beach style with elegance and snap. The Sunday brunch is a treat - from raw oysters to omelets and endless desserts. The attentive management is ever ready to address your concerns.
Don't miss it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My husband and I spent a weekend at this hotel earlier this month to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out, we encountered nothing but surly staff,, and in the restaurant we found the food to be undercooked and no follow-up on the concerns we brought to both the wait staff and the hotel managers. Also we found there to be no spa and no pool. It's a shame that the only hotel in Long Beach is so poorly run and with such incompetent people..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ricardita1971
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I spent a weekend at this hotel earlier this month to celebrate our anniversary. From the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out, we encountered nothing but surly staff, broken room and bathroom fixtures, undercooked and badly tasting food, and no follow-up on the concerns we brought to both the wait staff and the hotel managers. Others have described what we experienced: Broken AC, which remained broken; loud guests who kept us up until all hours; wait staff who did not seem to know anything about the food on the menu; bathroom fixtures which broke at the slightest touch; no spa and no pool. It's a shame that the only hotel in Long Beach is so poorly run and with such an incompetent staff. In no way would I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ricardita
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My boyfriend and I went for a nice getaway over labor day weekend. IT WAS NOT THAT. Here is a list of what we encountered during our stay:

1. We were kept up all night (until 6am) by screaming people who lurked around the halls. Lurking people around the hall would cat call to me and harass me as I came to my room from the elevator in the evening.

2. We called downstairs several times and both of us went down stairs to ask the hotel to quiet people down. People were literally screaming at the top of their lungs to each other, running up and down halls and screaming on the phone in the halls.

3. The hotel sent up a tiny man to ask people to "quiet down" and the drunken people laughed in his face. The noise level was UNBELIEVABLE especially for being a 4-star hotel and the amount of money we paid. The hotel just could not get people to be quiet and refused to take any action.

4. The next day, the hotel staff apologized but refused to compensate us. They assured us that this would not be the case the following night. However, the following night we were kept up until 3 or 4 am by screaming, drunk people, once again.

5. And our window was broken in our room, the hotel staff was unapologetic and did not offer to fix the window or move us.

I have spent significant time in West Africa and South East Asia and even the most spartan living conditions did not compare to how awful this place was. The service and the fact that we were in no way compensated for our awful experience means that not only have I spread the word about this place, but I will ABSOLUTELY NEVER RETURN.

It seems Allegria may learns a few tips about class and how to run a 4-Star hotel from the Ritz... or even a Motel 8.

At least the weather was nice :)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
OHEKA CASTLE Hotel & Estate
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
5 mi away
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!