“Amazing!”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We had our wedding there and I can not say one bad thing. The service was amazing, food was amazing and the rooms are beautiful. It is on the ocean, boardwalk and all, what more could you want? Everyone who came to the wedding keeps telling us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. The bar is open late and it gets a nice crowd, but you can't hear a thing in your room if you want to turn in early. It has something for everyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank arianachiz
There are newer reviews for Allegria Hotel

Reviewed September 25, 2010

This hotel is a beautiful physical structure, sleek lines, hardwood floors, nice linens. However, essentials to a good night's sleep are not in order. My room was located on the 6th floor but only one elevator was programed to go to the 6th floor. The management said that they were working on it. At 3:30 am on September 18th, the fire alarm through the building went off, blaring. I tried to call the front desk. No answer. I walked alone down six flights to the lobby, only to learn that someone had been smoking a cigarette in the bathroom of the bar and it triggered the alarm. I asked why there wasn't a PA system to make an announcement or security to walk the halls and tell guests not to worry. Management said that they were sorry but the system 'failed'. On Sunday morning, I was considering whether or not to stay another night. Management assured me that my experience with the fire alarm going off was unusual. At 6:00 am on Sunday morning, the alarm went off again but the PA system notified guests that they did not have to leave the hotel. The AC was not working but an engineer was sent up to fix it and the filter was cleaned immediately. The gym was certainly adequate for my needs but in no way at the level of any "Spa' I travelled to. I did not see a Spa on the premises. Most of the guests were flight attendants and guests of people attending a wedding. I was there to visit family. It appeared that the bar scene was very active. The bathroom was beautifully appointed but when I took a shower the temperature pull fell out of the wall. I placed it back in. I did report my concerns to the front desk as the problems occurred and everyone was very apologetic. It appears that staff has gotten very good with the words "I am so sorry". I hope that management can sort out these issues. But at this time I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank chloe36
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed at the Allegria for my daughter's wedding which was 9/19/10. The Hotel isn't even completed yet but the food and the service are off the charts great. The place is pricy but in life "you get what you pay for". The GM and staff Thom Puccio made us feel like home. The Hotel looks like a slice of Miami right on the boardwalk.

I can't say that it was the most cost effective stay, but it was one of the best stays and events you will ever get anywhere and at any price 5Stars!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2010

There wasn't anything positiveto say about how we found this place and it's restaurant!
I don't think that anyone here cared one bit about what was going on. All we found were perole, servers, hostess's talking to eachother and we had to wait for everything we needed , from the waiter to the valet. (which was $20.00) to park, + tip.
We looked for the pool, but there wasn't any to be found.. The same for the Spa...
So will we return? No, I don't think we will.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WB1977
Reviewed September 21, 2010

The Allegria hotel was excellant! Brand new, really clean and the rooms really were comfortable; never mind the bed. We almost wished it had rained so we could have layed up all day. The restaurant was excellant as well and you ate steps from the boardwalk. I do quite a bit of travelling for my business as well and this was nice to get away for the sole purpose to relax. I will be staying out there again instead of manhattan next time i come to NY.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed at the Allegria and was so pleased with the surroundings. It was fabulous. They served water in biodegradable bottles. Great concept especially on the beach. The water CIAO should be everywhere in NY. They are very forward thinking. I would definitely go there again,

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

This hotel appears to be trying to have a Miami vibe, but in middle class Long Isl neighborhood.

The staff we dealt with were average at best. If fact, one evening, no one was at the front dest, and we saw an agent returning to her position in flip flops.

Rates are astronomical for location and experience.

Best part , however, is the hote's location on the Atlantic Ocean

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inncolor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!