“Mediocrity at Its Best!!!”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Long Beach
“Mediocrity at Its Best!!!”
Reviewed December 15, 2009

The sheer mediocrity of the food the evening we were there definitely did not live up to this restaurant's hype! The entite meal was overcooked, and it was tasteless and bland I could have had done better at the Olive Garden. When the waiter asked how the food was and we told him the truth, he seemed to have been offended. Sorry but life is too short to return for more of the ordinary!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KevinR111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I attended a family wedding in in Far Rockaway New York. I thought we would be staying @ an airport hotel. What a wonderful surprise. The hotel overlooks the beach. The view from our room were gorgeous. The bed linens were luxurious. The room was spacious w/ an elegant modern vibe. The bathroom was beautiful . The concierge was knowlegeable & helpful. The pricing in the winter was reasonable, much less than Manhattan. The hotel is located 2 blocks from the Long Island railroad. Breakfast was the only meal I ate in the restaurant. The service was attentive & particularly thoughtful to my elderly uncle. My only disappointment was the lack of business center w/ a pc. the concierge printed out my airline boarding pass

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank FranWRG
Island Park, NY
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I am generally able to cut a restaurant some slack after they first open. So we were there was about a months ago. Service was slow but not really too bad the first time.. But the second time it was subpar. We had to continually ask for water refills and pour our own wine.
Even though the place was empty. The service was poor - the waiter taking care of our table seemed to not know the menu. - and the food was a big disappointment.
I went with my wife for a weekend-dinner, ..what a disappointment ...cafeteria or wedding styule food served... The waiter actually forgot to put our meal into the system and we waited almost an hour before being served (watching everyone around us get seated and eat. I understand that a waiter does not necessarily represent the restaurant itself, however the food was equally as poor as the service. The food was of mediocre quality at best (a shame for what it cost). I will never put myself in this position again and suggest you avoid them as well. When we got up and left and no one in the place even said good bye, or thank you.... We will not return to this one especially with all the great competition in this town, and the towns near by.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michelleMB

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Long Island
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We recently had dinner at the hotel. The meal was excellent. Service was 1st class.
We were delighted to find that the resturant had gotten there very new act together and was providing 1st class service and food.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Long Island, NY
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We recently stayed at the Hotel and were very impressed with every aspect of our stay. The rooms were beautiful with some of the most incredible views. We had read reviews on the site that were mixed on the restaurant and all I can say is you will be doing yourself a GREAT disservice if you don't check out the restaurant. My husband said he wants to come back again soon just to eat more of the food. Our meal was absolutely incredible!! The appetizers were amazing and main courses even better. My husband actually pointed out to me after reading the reviews that it sounded almost like someone was intentionally trying to bash the restaurant. Our experience there was so over the top I could not even imagine some of the reviews I read. For someone to even reference the microwave with any of the courses that we experienced just shoots all credibility. We ended up talking to a few other couples at the bar and some were locals that said they eat at the restaurant all the time and love it. Our service was great as well. We can’t wait to come back. I only wish we had a place like this in my neighborhood. If we did, I would certainly be doing everything I could to support it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlantic Beach
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We were so disappointed. The service was slow and not at all attentive. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful, the menu selections were ill conceived and poorly prepared. My husband’s fish was so salty that we swore it had been taken directly from the sea! And it was prepared well done and fish should never be well done.
This restaurant markets itself as a romantic location for that special occasion. That alone brought us there, but we were not happy with our meal selections. We expected more. If this ware a TV show, the executive chef would have been asked to pack his knives and go. The food may have been ok for a wedding meal but not for a fine dining restaurant. We waited for our appetizers for 30 minutes since placing the order and another 35-40 minutes for the entrees. When they finally did arrive most all the entree’s at our table unfortunately were either cold or leaning towards cold. Assuming it would take another half-hour to get it right, we decided NOT to send them back, but to report it to the manager when we were leaving. The manager just said that he never heard of food being overcooked or cold before. I told him that we wouldn’t be coming back and his attitude was such as if he didn't care if we never came back. All and all I would say that the place was gorgeous and romantic as it was right on the water, but it missed in the food and service. I would say that the food was an exercise in mediocrity.. As for the service, our waiter ( a young tall man) seemed to have had a personality by-pass and did his job without exchanging any type of pleasantries whatsoever. The food was not at all the culinary experience we had anticipated. We could not have been more disappointed. The setting was very nice, that was the best part. This restaurant clearly lives on its image of atmosphere and glitter.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffG1976
Long Island, NY
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We had a highly expected dinner experience at the Allegria Restaurant as there was so much vibes in the town awaiting their long delayed opening. Last Saturday night my wife and another couple gave it a try. Unfortunately the result was a total disappointment. Neither the quality of food or service was something to be expected in the restaurant ranked as high as this place and it’s Chef were supposed to be. I have eaten in dozens of restaurants in Manhattan and on Long Island as well as in many other US Cites and I think I know good food and service when I see it. I think I have some customer perspective on what to expect on a good restaurant, but unfortunately, I did not see it here.
We asked for a wine menu, as I did notice a large selection of wines in a wine seller that was so beautifully displayed as you entered the room, and while they did have a very large selection, when I had a few questions I found that our server didn’t know a thing about wines and did not offer to send a sommelier to help us. The food also was a total disappointment! Only one of the appetizers were terrific, but that was all, the Calamari was chewy and tasteless and the others were either average or poor and below my standards. I don’t want to be redundant, but as I said, I think I know, how good food should taste this was uninspiring. And I think I know how food should be served, this service was amateurish.
There wasn't one single course which left my mouth watering, hungering for more.
So I would have to say that the Allegria turn out to be a massive disappointment on the night I attended .

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!