“Dinner for 8”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Long Island
“Dinner for 8”
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We recently had dinner at the hotel. The meal was excellent. Service was 1st class.
We were delighted to find that the resturant had gotten there very new act together and was providing 1st class service and food.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Long Island, NY
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We recently stayed at the Hotel and were very impressed with every aspect of our stay. The rooms were beautiful with some of the most incredible views. We had read reviews on the site that were mixed on the restaurant and all I can say is you will be doing yourself a GREAT disservice if you don't check out the restaurant. My husband said he wants to come back again soon just to eat more of the food. Our meal was absolutely incredible!! The appetizers were amazing and main courses even better. My husband actually pointed out to me after reading the reviews that it sounded almost like someone was intentionally trying to bash the restaurant. Our experience there was so over the top I could not even imagine some of the reviews I read. For someone to even reference the microwave with any of the courses that we experienced just shoots all credibility. We ended up talking to a few other couples at the bar and some were locals that said they eat at the restaurant all the time and love it. Our service was great as well. We can’t wait to come back. I only wish we had a place like this in my neighborhood. If we did, I would certainly be doing everything I could to support it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlantic Beach
Reviewed December 4, 2009

We were so disappointed. The service was slow and not at all attentive. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful, the menu selections were ill conceived and poorly prepared. My husband’s fish was so salty that we swore it had been taken directly from the sea! And it was prepared well done and fish should never be well done.
This restaurant markets itself as a romantic location for that special occasion. That alone brought us there, but we were not happy with our meal selections. We expected more. If this ware a TV show, the executive chef would have been asked to pack his knives and go. The food may have been ok for a wedding meal but not for a fine dining restaurant. We waited for our appetizers for 30 minutes since placing the order and another 35-40 minutes for the entrees. When they finally did arrive most all the entree’s at our table unfortunately were either cold or leaning towards cold. Assuming it would take another half-hour to get it right, we decided NOT to send them back, but to report it to the manager when we were leaving. The manager just said that he never heard of food being overcooked or cold before. I told him that we wouldn’t be coming back and his attitude was such as if he didn't care if we never came back. All and all I would say that the place was gorgeous and romantic as it was right on the water, but it missed in the food and service. I would say that the food was an exercise in mediocrity.. As for the service, our waiter ( a young tall man) seemed to have had a personality by-pass and did his job without exchanging any type of pleasantries whatsoever. The food was not at all the culinary experience we had anticipated. We could not have been more disappointed. The setting was very nice, that was the best part. This restaurant clearly lives on its image of atmosphere and glitter.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffG1976

Travelers are raving about these Long Beach hotels

Long Island, NY
Reviewed November 25, 2009

We had a highly expected dinner experience at the Allegria Restaurant as there was so much vibes in the town awaiting their long delayed opening. Last Saturday night my wife and another couple gave it a try. Unfortunately the result was a total disappointment. Neither the quality of food or service was something to be expected in the restaurant ranked as high as this place and it’s Chef were supposed to be. I have eaten in dozens of restaurants in Manhattan and on Long Island as well as in many other US Cites and I think I know good food and service when I see it. I think I have some customer perspective on what to expect on a good restaurant, but unfortunately, I did not see it here.
We asked for a wine menu, as I did notice a large selection of wines in a wine seller that was so beautifully displayed as you entered the room, and while they did have a very large selection, when I had a few questions I found that our server didn’t know a thing about wines and did not offer to send a sommelier to help us. The food also was a total disappointment! Only one of the appetizers were terrific, but that was all, the Calamari was chewy and tasteless and the others were either average or poor and below my standards. I don’t want to be redundant, but as I said, I think I know, how good food should taste this was uninspiring. And I think I know how food should be served, this service was amateurish.
There wasn't one single course which left my mouth watering, hungering for more.
So I would have to say that the Allegria turn out to be a massive disappointment on the night I attended .

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrankG1965
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed November 21, 2009

my new husband booked a room here for our wedding night. the staff was very nice, always smiling. the room was gorgeous. huge bed, beach view, very comfy pillows and comforter. the bathroom was wow. huge mirror with lighted border and a small magnified one for makeup. they had q-tips, cotton balls, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and extra towels. also, there were robes in the closet which was nice. couldnt really find anything to watch on tv but they did have many channels. we decided to go walk on the beach. the view was breathtaking. black sky, dark water, all you saw was the foam from the waves and baby seagulls chirping and running across the beach. i'll never forget it. minibar only had water. ice was nowhere to be found. we decided to order room service. we couldnt find a menu in the room so we called the front desk and she told us where to look. unfortunately, there was no menu so they brought us one. the 24 hour menu consisted of 5 things that you could just throw in the microwave. not much variety at all. i ordered chips and guacamole and my husband ordered the pizza. they brought it up after 30 mins. the waiter came in and set the platter on the table. fork and knife were included but no napkins. they also had lil bottles of tabasco, mayo, and ketchup. the food was ok...nothing special. in the morning, we heard loud banging around 9am. they were doing construction for the spa on the upper level. we got up and looked around for toothbrushes but found none. we asked if come could be brought up. they said they had run out and would send someone out to get some. there was a knock on our door after about 45 mins. we got ready and checked out. overall it was a nice, calming experience, especially after all the wedding stress. the service is probably the worst out of everything else. maybe the food too, but the view is beautiful and the room and bathroom were very relaxing and clean. my husband and i will most likely stay there again after the spa has been made.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mabel71888
Cedarhurst Long Island
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We tried this restaurant after hearing so much about it. I heard the the chef was “Top Rated”, and prepared top rated cuisine. My wife, myself and two friends has a reservation for eight o’clock on a Saturday evening. We arrived there about 15 minutes early and noticed that the room was only about ¾ full
The place was not crowded at all. However we were told to wait at the bar and that the hostess would call us when our table was ready. At around 8:20, I was a bit annoyed and approached the hostess and asked why we were not being seated yet. She then told me that the table was now ready. (Then why didn’t she come over to us and tell us that?) Why did I have to go and ask her? Anyway, we were seated in the very rear of the restaurant, not at all in an attractive section of the room and the room was very attractive! We were at a section of the room where the tables were very close to each other. However I didn’t feel like getting into another discussion with this young lady so we sat were we were put. After approximately 10-20 minutes we were approached by our server who appeared to have very little knowledge of the menu. . So despite our reservations, we waited a half hour and then waited an additional 20 minutes before we were even provided a menu. He went through the specials, reading them with great difficulty. What ever we asked about, his answer was that he “really didn’t se that yet” or “ I really don’t like fish” Well duh! If he doesn’t like fish then maybe I wouldn’t be happy with it either! So, our apps came and they were less than
The service was inattentive, the atmosphere isreally nice, but you can’t eat the atmosphere, the food far from memorible . My fish was bland, the other in my party said theirs were cold and tasteless, and tasted
it tasted like it had been microwaved, I was not satisfied with the entire experience

This place is very overrated. The interior is beautiful, but food is average (at best) and the hostess?? Well I’ll be kind and leave it like that! . They charge way too much for subpar food. There are better restaurants in the aera with better service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DocSol
Isand Park, NY
Reviewed November 12, 2009

This is a town of many restaurants and some really good ones, so if they expect to do well here that are going to have to do better than this.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
The Five Towns Inn
The Five Towns Inn
#1 of 1 in Lawrence

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!