“Terrible”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Got a top floor room with an ocean view. It would have been a great view had the cleaning staff windexed the handprints all over the window. Cant believe the top tier rooms have a gym overhead that you can hear in the room. Clogged sink, stained ironing board, leaky windows, no heat (a dinky space heater was provided), no coffee maker or tea kettle (I assume because theirs a Starbucks downstairs). Weird staff, pretty run down feeling.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ShanghaiMike00
Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The allegria hotel had one of the best customer service I had ever experiance in a hotel in a long time, the location what can you say on the beach, the restaurant and bar the persanal service was so good I felt guilty eating some where else. I spent a week at the Allegria and will defenetly do it a gain next year.
Thank you Mr, Sharaf, Allen,Tim and G at the front desk.

Room Tip: Let the Allegria Hotel front desk arrange your transportation from the airport it will be cheaper th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank al p
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I love Allegria. Its always clean and staff are always helpful. I was late for my long island rail road train and my cab was late. A handsome man in grey suit that works at the hotel heard me at the door complaining about the late cab and offered to drive me to the train station in park ave. I thought I was never going to catch that train it was literally 3 minutes or I would have to wait for the next train in an hour. I forgot his name I wish I could thank him more especially he mentioned that the Allegria van was private and it is not for guests and something about that they use it for a flight crew. Anyways I feel so thankful for the service I have got so far from Allegria. Will come back again in August. Thanks to the Allegria staff!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MaryLovin
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Housekeeping knocked on our door at 4:30pm to clean the room after we had been out all day. Terrible!
$13.00 per day for WIFI? Ridiculous!! We could have stayed at a chain hotel for less and gotten free wifi and free continental breakfast. Why spend over $200/ night with absolutely no amenities?
Tried to go to the lounge our first night for a drink, but were met with blasting house music and only 10 people in the entire place. The DJ didn't seem to notice while dancing to himself!
We will never stay here again, which is a shame since I had such high hopes for a cool, modern hotel in my hometown.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Longbeachnative
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very lovely place! Service was excellent, Gina was very helpful checking us into our room. She helped us find the best local restaurants in the area. Over all our stay was very nice and we will definitely come back when it gets warmer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Cool place! Gina checked us in fast and quick. She was such big help finding out whats local and what to check out. She had such beautiful eyelashes! The hotel room was very nice! Needed a little TLC but no complaints from me. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The Allegria hotel itself is attractive and pleasant with nice water views from certain spots. However, the service is well below average - in fact, abominable - and many crucial items (such as air conditioning and door locks) are broken or not in service. When I read reviews of this hotel which suggested bad service, I assumed it wouldn't necessarily matter, or that those people had specific discreet negative experiences. But I was wrong. The people at the front desk act like you are annoying them if you ask them a question. When i asked where i could get a bottle of water, I was told I could walk four or five blocks to the nearest supermarket. Overall, the attitude is disinterested and demeaning.

I'll summarize our experience: We were attending a friend's party at the hotel and had made our reservation by phone. We asked questions about the room type. We had opted for city view, but what we got was a broom closet- size room, facing a wall. No air, no light, no working window. I had been offered "atrium view" on the phone and had turned it down and opted for city view. Beware that "atrium view," which may conjure images of an attractive greenhouse is merely (at least in our case) a hot dank spot between two buildings. And the AC didn't work.

After I was repeatedly told that we could not possibly be moved despite having been put in a room that was not of the type promised, I persisted in calling every possible manager around the hotel. After at least an hour of time and effort expended, our room was finally changed. This was due only to the kindness of a bellman (Rudy) who had stayed with us through this process and was the only competent, service-oriented person we encountered during our stay there. He went and spoke to one of the managers for us and they finally agreed to let us move.

The new room was much nicer, but the AC also didn't work. It had a rather odd smell, but at least the window opened in this room. The door lock was broken, with only holes remaining where the lock had been.(We were told it had been kicked in to rescue a previous guest who was unresponsive, but the lock was not subsequently repaired.) A maintenance man came to fix the AC. We soon realized that NONE of the AC worked in any of the rooms. We had friends staying in many other rooms, and none of their ACs worked either. We surmised that they have the AC turned off, and they make a show of sending someone to your room to fix the AC, but the system does not work. Then someone at the front desk actually admitted this to me when I pointed out that no one had working AC. The hotel is HOT.

Bottom line: unless someone comes in and retrains (or replaces) the staff and corrects the problems, I don't think this hotel will survive. For a period of time, new people may be enticed by the near-beach location. But over time hotels are dependent on repeat business and it's hard to imagine that the Allegria will attract much of that.

Room Tip: Don't sign up for city view/ atrium....because if you get atrium, it's horrible!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
OHEKA CASTLE Hotel & Estate
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!