“$13/day for WIFI?”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Housekeeping knocked on our door at 4:30pm to clean the room after we had been out all day. Terrible!
$13.00 per day for WIFI? Ridiculous!! We could have stayed at a chain hotel for less and gotten free wifi and free continental breakfast. Why spend over $200/ night with absolutely no amenities?
Tried to go to the lounge our first night for a drink, but were met with blasting house music and only 10 people in the entire place. The DJ didn't seem to notice while dancing to himself!
We will never stay here again, which is a shame since I had such high hopes for a cool, modern hotel in my hometown.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Longbeachnative
There are newer reviews for Allegria Hotel

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very lovely place! Service was excellent, Gina was very helpful checking us into our room. She helped us find the best local restaurants in the area. Over all our stay was very nice and we will definitely come back when it gets warmer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Cool place! Gina checked us in fast and quick. She was such big help finding out whats local and what to check out. She had such beautiful eyelashes! The hotel room was very nice! Needed a little TLC but no complaints from me. I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The Allegria hotel itself is attractive and pleasant with nice water views from certain spots. However, the service is well below average - in fact, abominable - and many crucial items (such as air conditioning and door locks) are broken or not in service. When I read reviews of this hotel which suggested bad service, I assumed it wouldn't necessarily matter, or that those people had specific discreet negative experiences. But I was wrong. The people at the front desk act like you are annoying them if you ask them a question. When i asked where i could get a bottle of water, I was told I could walk four or five blocks to the nearest supermarket. Overall, the attitude is disinterested and demeaning.

I'll summarize our experience: We were attending a friend's party at the hotel and had made our reservation by phone. We asked questions about the room type. We had opted for city view, but what we got was a broom closet- size room, facing a wall. No air, no light, no working window. I had been offered "atrium view" on the phone and had turned it down and opted for city view. Beware that "atrium view," which may conjure images of an attractive greenhouse is merely (at least in our case) a hot dank spot between two buildings. And the AC didn't work.

After I was repeatedly told that we could not possibly be moved despite having been put in a room that was not of the type promised, I persisted in calling every possible manager around the hotel. After at least an hour of time and effort expended, our room was finally changed. This was due only to the kindness of a bellman (Rudy) who had stayed with us through this process and was the only competent, service-oriented person we encountered during our stay there. He went and spoke to one of the managers for us and they finally agreed to let us move.

The new room was much nicer, but the AC also didn't work. It had a rather odd smell, but at least the window opened in this room. The door lock was broken, with only holes remaining where the lock had been.(We were told it had been kicked in to rescue a previous guest who was unresponsive, but the lock was not subsequently repaired.) A maintenance man came to fix the AC. We soon realized that NONE of the AC worked in any of the rooms. We had friends staying in many other rooms, and none of their ACs worked either. We surmised that they have the AC turned off, and they make a show of sending someone to your room to fix the AC, but the system does not work. Then someone at the front desk actually admitted this to me when I pointed out that no one had working AC. The hotel is HOT.

Bottom line: unless someone comes in and retrains (or replaces) the staff and corrects the problems, I don't think this hotel will survive. For a period of time, new people may be enticed by the near-beach location. But over time hotels are dependent on repeat business and it's hard to imagine that the Allegria will attract much of that.

Room Tip: Don't sign up for city view/ atrium....because if you get atrium, it's horrible!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank M C
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. It is beautifully designed and right on the boardwalk and the views are absolutely spectacular. At night the hotel looks even better. On top of that, they have a seafood buffet that is top notch. The service was friendly and helpful. The staff went above and beyond to cater to all my questions etc. As if that wasn't enough, the food was impeccable. Fresh fish that was cooked to perfection. I will certainly come back to this hotel everytime I am in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank James H
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Love the look & feel of this property! Contemporary & just the right amount of trendiness!
Gorgeous ocean views! Bar gets a pretty good crowd on weekends. Long beach looks like its building back nicely after hurricane Sandy!
Nice food options as well!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank andiamo101
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I think its a very nice hotel with great people and location. Its super modern and clean. Staff are super friendly. I love how the rooms are decorated, so relaxing and unique. I had a fantastic stay thanks to Allegria.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Donaldfo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Beach
Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Long Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!