“Beautiful place”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved this Hotel, it was clean with a friendly staff. I had a view of the Ocean and the beautiful boardwalk was a joy to walk. I went off season, can't wait to go back in the summer.
I ate in the restaurant, breakfast buffet, best French toast I ever toasted.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maryann S

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I had a great time at the Allegria. It was such a nice hotel, the service was phenomenal and the location was great. Beautiful views. We took a nice walk on the new Boardwalk. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Worth it to splurge for the Ocean-view. It is stunning!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bradley H
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The ocean views are amazing, the bed is super inviting, the sound from the ocean is so relaxing def worth spending at least 2 nights here just to relax and enjoy.... My 1 negative is the lighting in the room is somewhat lacking, but it's really minor decorating flaw, otherwise, the friendly staff, room service breakfast was super yummy, and the views make this an amazing stay...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loulu L
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I never leave a review about about anything,but felt the need to leave one after the amazing service. The staff was very professional, pleasant, and very accommodating.They made me feel like royalty, this is important considering that I travel alot. I truly love this hotel and look forward to my next visit. Last but not least the rooms are amazing, modern and cozy, my favorite is the oceanfront rooms!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank travelwings134
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel the benefit of the doubt, since I grew up in Long Beach and know how important it is to have a decent hotel at all, in Long Beach, to visit old friends and relatives. We were here for a big event and as such, stayed here the last week in December, fortunately, on a Sunday night (quiet, as I read that the hotel also serves as a night club).

RECEPTION:
The day we arrived, there was a downpour, and our taxi pulled up to the curb. We waited for the bellmen to approach with umbrellas (they watched from the door, for a bit, and we finally decided to get out and pull out our own bags). While getting soaked, I asked if they could help (!) and finally someone moved to help us bring up the bags (still no umbrella offered). Not impressed. At the front desk we were checked in promptly and went to our room, a lovely ocean front king, on the 7th floor.

ROOM:
The window did open (fortunately) and we aired out the very warm room and kept it open most of the evening, since the heat did not seem to adjust when we turned the thermostat to 60 degrees. There are no lights next to the bed on either side; forget about reading. Hardwood, blond oak floors, and small storage space, with a safe and an empty small fridge - no water bottles provided. Good for an overnight stay.

EVENT:
Our family held a large event on the mezzanine level, and within a private dining room - food was buffet style and was absolutely excellent. Service in the dining room was fine. Lovely room and atmosphere.

ROOM SERVICE: I needed a shower cap. Never came. Found out later, it went to another relative's room.

DINING:
We decided to have brunch here, overlooking the boardwalk - again, the room is lovely. The interiors of this hotel are all gorgeous. So, we opted for breakfast buffet, despite the waiter's recommendation that we opt for a la carte options that would be more 'fresh' in his words. I think he must have known something as I was concerned when I saw one of the employees upon a ladder, changing a light fixture and dusting the bulbs above the buffet table! I asked if he thought that was sanitary, and he said he supposed not, and climbed down. Our waiter seemed to be a little less than alert; two empty cups of coffee and a request for a refill, only one would be refilled... just the little (and big) issues that make this a less than positive experience, all around.

I had read other reviews, and unfortunately, have to pan this hotel. New management could do tremendous things to make this hotel a memorable and lovely experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jlauftravel
Reviewed January 2, 2014

With very few hotel options in Long Beach, this beautifully re-done hotel (former nursing home) has some good and many bad points.
Good: beautiful rooms, small, nice shower/bathroom. Nice views from rooftop bar, event room, loune. Gym in brand new condition. Food was top notch for dinner at a wedding.
Bad: angry manager who is unfriendly, heat not working in many rooms, staff completely incompetent at front desk (they misspelled my name on the reservation and I actually had to teach the front desk guy how to slide a credit card to find it), heat not working in many rooms with the maintenance response-- to put space heaters in. HARD ALCOHOL BOTTLES ARE WATERED DOWN AT THE ROOFTOP BAR. Besides this just being mean, it's illegal. I got a drink on the rocks to proof it. Would have to request they open a new bottle to actually get hard alcohol that isnt watered down. Pool open year round??? website says its closed in the winter, but in fact its open in the winter but not heated?? Brunch service incredibly slow to the point where you have to go to the TERRIBLE buffet where the food even ran out and was never refilled. Essentially the facility is pretty but the manager (horrible man) and the staff know they dont have to try too hard to please their usually very young customers that have no other options. Most awful--> illegal tinkering with grey goose bottle and filling partially with water.

Room Tip: Ocean view or partial, do not get a room about the lounge or you will hear music until 3am (and I me...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jetsetter390
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am a Long Beach resident and have been to the Allegria on many occasions including fabulous functions on the rooftop, happy hour overlooking the new boardwalk with an expansive view of the beach and boardwalk as well as their Sunday Brunch which is amongst the best. I have also stayed at the hotel on several weekends for a romantic get away from the children. I am staying there again this weekend as it truly is a beautiful hotel with stunning views of our beloved new boardwalk, the beach and ocean. The staff at the Allegria is outstanding and accommodating.Gina at the front desk is my gal…she always makes sure that I have everything necessary to make my stay perfect and does it with an infectious smile. The oceanfront rooms and suites have amazing views. I particularly like the suites as they are spacious - I dread leaving at the end of my stay! Thanks Gina, Jayden and all the staff at the Allegria for the great customer service which you provide!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
#1 of 1 in Lawrence
Ramada Rockville Centre
Ramada Rockville Centre
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!