“Beautiful location, wonderful staff, incredible views, WINDOWS DON'T OPEN”
Review of Allegria Hotel

Allegria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
Brooklyn, New York
“Beautiful location, wonderful staff, incredible views, WINDOWS DON'T OPEN”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I chose this hotel for its location and newer construction. 5/5 for location. I had a beachfront king. Small room, but typical for location. Comfy bed (but nothing special). Wonderful rainfall shower and side spray too. Nice water pressure/temperature. My biggest issue here is that my beachfront windows don't open. They are screwed shut! I called the front desk about this and they told me they were closed for hurricane season. This location was chosen for the sea breeze, was really not pleased about that and I asked them to remove the screws. Front desk sent engineering to check it out. Engineering told me there were issues with the hinges and they couldn't do that. I spent hours trying to resolve this and the lack of open windows definitely disturbed my stay. Just noticed other reviews mentioned windows not opening. Had I read this in advance, I would NOT have booked this hotel.

Plenty of walks on the beach and boardwalk & magnificent sunsets soothed my soul.

While this hotel definitely fit the beachfront bill, for the price tag, I think I could have done a lot better as far as amenities.

Pros:
close to home
beachfront property
very clean
excellent staff (Thank you JASON & DAN M)

Cons:
windows don't open
$$$$
bathroom has a sliding door that doesn't lock (and leaves a serious gap)
No pool (out of season), no hot tub,
no spa services

Other things to know:
$25 valet parking
Free street parking
no coffee makers in room

Room Tip: Beachfront all the way!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank chanalew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
New York
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Allegria hotel is situated on the boardwalk of the most wonderful beach. Sadly the hotel does not embrace their location, The weekend after labor day the hotel had no provisions for guests to use the beach. No chairs, no food servers, nothing to let their guests enjoy the gorgeous beach.
The rooftop pool was open but understaffed and over weekend guests were not allowed to use it due to parties,
Our room facing the ocean was lovely upon entering then we found the windows did not open, there was no working safe in the room, the shower had no pressure and the rainfall shower head was placed so high that by the time the water hit you it was a mere drip. Not even a complimentary water bottle.
Yes, I wished we had chosen the Hamptons!
The restaurant is gorgeous but also not suited for guests who are enjoying the beach, wearing bathing suits and flip flops. They should have an outside casual area for these guests to use.
The staff was very nice but not well informed on the goings on in Long Beach.

On a positive note,the food was very good, bed comfortable and its very pretty. Great for wedding/party.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daisy87
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited the Allegria hotel for a wedding party and all the staff we encoutered were very helpful, from the door satff to the front desk and managers, All eager to help and truly make us feel like we are the only guest in the hotel, Jason, Jeff, Kevin, Danny and the front office director Magdi, all very freindly and helpful.
Bright room, clean and comfortable, we travel on family vacations very often and we experienced good service in several hotels around the world but the Allegria hotel was the best by far.
First class all the way, thanks to the well rounded staff at the front desk orchestrated our stay perfectly.

Room Tip: The front desk staff will take good care of you
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank salr747
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son and I traveled from Ft. Lauderdale for my niece's wedding. We booked a suite and a regular room. We could not have been more pleased. The service level from all the hotel staff we encountered from the bellman, valet, housekeeping, the pool attendants, Magdy Sharif at the front desk and a big thank you to Dan Burke in reservations for moving us to an oceanfront suite were exceptional!

The roof top pool area is 5 stars. Comfortable lounges, plush towels, great mojitos, spectacular view and were fortunate enough to have gorgeous weather! It is smaller but MUCH nicer than the W Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. I was impressed that the pool server had maintenance there pronto to remove a piece of the deck flooring when a guest dropped his credit card and it slipped under.

My husband have stayed at numerous 5 star hotels and the service level here is top rate.

Loved our suite #602, very spacious, great view of the boardwalk, very modern but not stark and well appointed with a comfortable bed. We had 2 full baths with our suite, very nice! Master bath had tub and separate shower. Loved the fixtures. Great location, centrally located to everything we wanted to do! Our son loved his room. He had a city view and it was spacious as well. His bathroom did not have a tub which is fine as he only takes showers.

Enjoyed the very lively bar on the mezzanine level. We had a large party, drinks were excellent, our cocktail waitress was very attentive. The hostess at the restaurant took us on a tour of the mezzanine level when she saw us looking around. Beautiful space!!!

The hotel has a Miami Beach vibe, we certainly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return when in the area again. Do your self a favor and give this a try!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rdf13
New Orleans
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Allergria Hotel, Long Beach, New York
22Sep2013, one night, Room 608, Oceanview guest room
Enjoyed a brief visit to a beautiful spot on the beach on the first day of Fall. Arrived at the hotel, no bellman present, fairly quiet lobby, Front Desk Representative checked me in, but could have gone the step further to explain where the elevators were located and what services I could expect for dining and internet - but didn't. Arrived on the sixth floor and attempted to get in room 609 - key not allowing that so I called from a house phone to bring me a new key. A representative arrived very shortly and gave me a new key to room 608. I'd been assigned the wrong room originally.

Rooms are very bright and befitting of a beach setting for the summer season, hard wood floors, white walls, nice looking bed and chair, minimal furniture solved by built ins on the wall for TV and some storage shelves and a small desk. Window that opened to the oceanview and boardwalk (no balconies here, just a small 'ledge' you can lean out to see. The window opening is meant to allow in the fresh air and seabreeze and sound of the ocean and sea gulls. It works fine.

The representative turned on the air condintioning because it was a bit stuffy. Later I determined the whirling and whining noise was created by the a/c and therefore turned it off as it was quiet irritating.

Bathroom was nice, has evidence of a lot of traffic and some wear and tear around the sink. Temperature for shower never could be regulated and therefore was quiet cold. Companions reported virtually zero water pressure in their rooms. Towels identified as being from the Gaansevort Hotel - which that was interesting. But nonetheless comfortable and luxurious.

Bedding was good but quiet soft and not what I'm used too. Foam pillows (only two) surprised me.

Iron was a Sunbeam and obviously quiet used and rough on clothes. Entryway light was missing its shade.

Room service was ordered about 600p and arrived an hour later - mind you a grilled cheese sandwich and fries with chocolate chip cookies. They do auto tag on 18% and $4 delivery charge (Arrrghhh - I'm of the belief that a customer should be able to rate the service with a proper gratuity. Realizing all hotels do this now.).

Overall the stay was good, it was a one night business trip. However, if this hotel is ready to assume its place among Long Island hotels - they will definitely need to sharpen the tools to satisfy a guest. But then again, things like an old iron and tattered room service menus may not matter to its guest profile, for me it is the little things however.

Contact me for complete and more details!

Room Tip: Oceanview worth the money.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J C
London, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I'm a Canadian and encountered a somewhat disaster when my insulin dropped on the floor and broke. I went to the drug store only to find out a) they don't have my insulin and B0 I need a prescription for it!! I went back to hotel and told the Director of Front Office, my dilemma - and was told I could use the phone to call my Dr., in London, On. My Dr. had closed early on a Friday. My only other option was to go to a walk-in clinic. Jeff Osterer, was very quick to find me a walk-in clinic but it was not available by walking or by bus. I asked about a taxi, and was told Jeff would drive me!!!!! What a pleasant surprise. I found out Jeff was also a EMT, and I was another 2 hours but eventually got some insulin to get my by and Jeff stayed with me the whole time. I truly felt like I found an angel on earth as I really was in an somewhat medical emergencty and it could have got much worse!!! Thank you to Allegra hotel and staff for helping me out. My Dr. was $85 to see and the Insulin was almost $200 and the last thing I needed would have been another $100 or so on a taxi.
Thank you to Nasser Samman, General Manager, Magdy Sharaf, Director of Front Office, and a very special thank you to Jeff Osterer, Front Desk Staff!!

Room Tip: The phones are still a problem and the AC did not work in 1 room, the window did not open in 1 room...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LindafromJazz
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a wonderful night stay. They upgraded us for my biethday, and sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Relaxing tim and right on the beach which was so nice. Room service 24! Great pool, and view!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Rockville Centre Inn
Rockville Centre Inn
#3 of 4 in Rockville Centre

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!