“Perfect Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Beach
New York City, New York
“Perfect Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Allegria for a relaxing weekend getaway. I was amazed on how fast they rebuilt the hotel after Hurricane Sandy and impressed with how beautiful the hotel is. Our room overlooked the ocean, and we had a separate living room and kitchen area. It was very clean and well maintained. I could not be more impressed with the location and accommodations the hotel and staff provided. Brunch was beyond exceptional and not your average buffet. Being connected to the beach took us away from our busy Manhattan life, and gave us pure tranquility.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an ocean front room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bess A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Right away I was impressed with this hotel (even though they are still recovering from Hurricane Sandy). A doorman (!) greets you at the entrance (how unusual these days). After I checked in, the young man at the desk came out in the very cold weather to help me with my baggage. I really enjoyed my room. I woke up every day to the sight of the ocean. A walk on the beach was just over the sand dunes in front of the hotel.The overall sense of it was romantic and sexy. Glass walls in the shower stall, low lighting (which made it hard to read in bed but that was minor), nice furniture and a very large TV. Unfortunately, I could not stay longer than several days but if I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely stay here - at least one night!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MadelineMcClure
New York
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Considering the damage that the hotel and surrounding area has sustained as a result of Hurricane Sandy, you would think that the hotel would make a rate adjustment to attract business but this isn't the case.....lobby is still under heavy reconstruction...room was neat and clean but had numerous water stains on bathroom ceiling.....no dedicated parking for guests....attended a private party in lounge - prices that they were charging were quite exhorbitant considering that other than the party, there were only 3 people at the bar on a Friday night. Hope for the best for all of Long Beach but the hotel needs to look at their policies in light of all this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank DL675
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the other night and we were not to happy. We called before we went there and the lady gave us a price over the phone and we asked if we should reserve the room. She told us no we didnt have too. Then when we got there the guy at the counter told us it was going to be a lot more. We told him we had spoken to a lady and he said she had left for the night. After arguing for 10 minutes we finally got the original price the lady had given us. By the time we got to our room we were exhausted, there are no clocks in the room so we tried calling the front desk to give us a wake up call and the phone wasnt plugged in and didn't work. We were too tired to go all of the way down stairs. The beds are comfortable however there is the thinnest comforter ever and we were cold all night. The showers are horrible they tried to make it look all modern and there is only a little piece of glass to protect water from going on the floor. But water still goes all over the floor because the glass should be bigger. Everything is very expensive and over priced there.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank JanaD775
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We wanted somewhere close to NYC, but with a beach. We had a great room, staff were friendly and the rooftop pool was lovely. We were put in touch with a great surf instructor, all round good couple of days (although the town itself is a little disappointing, and the hotel was easily the nicest part). But, great place if you want a couple of beach days away from the city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I came to this hotel last week for the Valentine's day special. Living in Manhattan, we wanted something close and reasonable and I found this deal online. I cannot express my surprise at the quality of this place! The food was great, my favorite were the broiled scallops! I am in the service industry also and feel very picky about where I stay and am sensitive to how I am treated, and this place knocked it out of the park with exceptionally clean rooms and super nice staff! The red rose touch was very sweet!! Being so close to the water I can't wait to see what this place can do for a nice summer weekend, will definitely come back and see.
Thank you Allegria!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronkonkoma, NY
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The following is an email I sent to the hotel and have not received a response.... I would emphasize lack of customer service too....

I would like to voice my concerns regarding my recent stay at your hotel.

Let me preface by saying I went with the understanding there may be issues remaining after the effects of Sandy. I would have expected a disclaimer on your website stating remaining issues.

We walked in to a covered lobby with trash clearly visible and nobody working. My husband and I stood at the desk with barely an acknowledgement at first. Once we were checking in, my husband asked about the dj that night. There apparently has not been one since the hurricane. We were handed our key and told to take the elevator.

Once we arrived in our room, we put the first couple of issues behind us. The floor seemed sticky but we didn't pay much mind as we wanted to get ready for dinner. I noticed the toilet seat had a crack in it once I went into the bathroom. After I got out of the shower, I attempted to open the closet from the shower side and the towel bar literally fell off in my hand. At this point it was almost comical. Went to turn on the bedside lamp and that didn't work either.

Once we arrive for dinner, we were pleasantly surprised with the service and food. Restaurant was great! As far as no dj, it was less than expected. By the time we were done with dinner, lights were off and bar was closed......

Went back to our room and did have a nice delivery of champagne and strawberries. Which was part of our package. We went to turn in the tv a while later and that did not work either......

The next morning we arrived for breakfast. There was nobody around to direct us, welcome us or serve us. We found a buffet and just helped ourselves. Food was not great. Eggs must have been there for an hour. Once a server came over he was very attentive.

We checked out (again, barely an acknowledgement from the staff at the desk).

Needless to say, very disappointed in our stay. With the exception of dinner, not the "experience" we had hoped for.

• Stayed February 2013

Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton R...
#1 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Best Western Mill River Manor
Best Western Mill River Manor
#2 of 4 in Rockville Centre
La Quinta Inn & Suites Far Rockaway - JFK Airport

Been to Allegria Hotel? Share your experiences!