“Finger Lakes Wedding”

Ranked #1 of 3 Lodi B&B and Inns
Cleveland, OHIO
“Finger Lakes Wedding”
Reviewed March 13, 2009

We found this lovely B&B on the web when we were searching for places to wed. We were planning a Summer/Fall wedding. It was the dead of winter when we met with Jim, the innkeeper, for a tour & more information. We fell in love with the place. The inside of the house is very classy. There is a view of Seneca Lake from the huge deck (where breakfast is sometimes served). Jim's can-do, yet mellow attitude was also what sold us. And you can't beat the price! He was willing to work with us on every aspect of the wedding. Including recommeding vendors for all our other wedding needs. He is who married us. He was great! We rented out the whole house for the weekend and had immediate family stay there. Other guests stayed at surrounding B&Bs - also recommended by Jim. Only negitive things - Jim needed help moving furniture in preperation (the day before the wedding) and didn't staff properly, so my husband & brother -in-law had to help him move it before we all rehearsed. Also, we had a makeshift table arrangement for breakfast the morning of the wedding b/c we had the rental tables set up. Breakfast was delicious though. All in all, it was a wonderful weekend! We look forward to spending our anniversaries at The Fox & The Grapes

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Syracuse
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I booked this B&B for me and my girlfriend. She had recently received a promotion at work and I wanted to treat her to a relaxing weekend away. We had an absolutely fabulous time. She enjoyed it so much that she wants to go there again for her birthday. There are so many wineries around and it truly is a great place for a low key romantic getaway.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, NY
Reviewed March 13, 2009

My wife and I made The Fox & The Grapes our "before the baby comes" destination. It was an absolutely wonderful get-away with WONDERFUL staff and atmosphere! Located right in the middle of a ton of wineries, but we spent the bulk out of time on the other side of the lake. Beautiful, quiet - it was really nice to watch the fog burn off the lake each morning. A memorable trip, all told.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My Fiance' & I booked an elopement package at the Fox & the Grapes B & B, along with 2 of our friends/guests for our wedding. Shortly thereafter, we contacted the innkeeper to reschedule the date and inquired as to any charges our guests might incur if they changed their reservation also. *We specifially stated to him that we have not yet notified our guests so that we could pay for any charges on their behalf* HOWEVER, Mr. Pelligrini took it upon himself to send a copy of my confidential email correspondense to him in regards to rescheduling the date to my wedding guests WITHOUT OUR CONSENT. We found his actions to be unethical and extremely unbecoming of a man of the cloth. Under no circumstances would we recommend this place of business & by the way, we did not receive a refund of our $160 deposit nor any credit towards a future stay--not that we would have any intentions thereof.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank PennsylvaniaJazzy
Scranton, PA
Reviewed January 24, 2009

Another wonderful weekend at The Fox and The Grapes! We have been there many times, and Jim and Nola always make it a relaxing weekend getaway for us! Very welcoming, not to mention excellent breakfasts! Would highly recommend for a romantic weekend away. Julie and Michael, Scranton PA

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank jultmcgee
Utah
Reviewed January 15, 2009

My family and I rented "The Fox and the Grapes" for an entire week during the summer. It ended up being one of our best vacations.

The house itself is beautiful. The rooms are each unique with lovely antiques, comfortable beds, and very nice bathrooms. The rest of the house is also very well done and there are a number of places where you could enjoy a nice glass of wine or good book. We spent much of our time in the sizable great room with its surrounding windows offering beautiful views of the lake and grounds. A perfect place to play games, enjoy a meal with family, or simply watch TV. We also spent time on the expansive deck whether it was enjoying the fabulous breakfast's we received each morning or taking in the wonderful sunsets each night.

Jim Pelligrini (the owner) could not have been better to us and is someone who really understands what it means to be a "host". Wheter it was making reservations for restaurants or activities or explaining the area he was always a joy to talk to and be around. He made us feel so comfortable it was as if we were in our own homes.

I know that from our perspective there is no place else we would stay in the finger lakes area. Jim has married perfectly a gorgeous home with the B&B experience. And in our case we found that "the Fox and the Grapes" is not only an excellent choice for couples but families as well.

• Liked — the host and the peaceful and comfortable atmosphere the B&B offered
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Watertown
Reviewed December 18, 2008

My new wife and I stayed at the Fox and The Grapes Bed and Breakfast and I must say, I have never enjoyed myself more. Jim, the owner, not only provided a wonderful atmosphere for our stay, he ensured 100% satisfaction. The breakfast each morning was absolutely superb, my only complaint was, I couldnt eat any more food. Just incase you missed it, the breakfast was AWESOME! I felt completely secure in the house as the commuinity of Lodi is an awesome community. We experienced warmth and kindness from everyone that we came in to contact with. So let me finish by stating that I highly recommend The Fox and the Grapes to any and everyone looking for a cozy quiet getaway either for a weekend or over night.

• Liked — The kindness of the staff
  • Disliked — Not a thing, loved it all!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lodi
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Aurora Inn
#1 of 5 in Aurora
The Pearl of Seneca Lake B&B
The Savannah House Inn

Been to The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!