While the house and bedroom were all very nice the Breakfast portion left much to be desired.
We stayed for two nights and both mornings we had to ask for items during breakfast such as butter for the one piece of toast we were given, salt and pepper, and even juice. The breakfast it's self was not worth $5.00 in my opinion.
The first morning we had a very small bowl of Blueberry's and Strawberrys, one piece of Quiche, a piece of toast, along with juice and coffee. While eating breakfast the staff fixed their own breakfast of scambled eggs, bacon and toast and proceed to eat their breakfast in front of us. 1. Where was our bacon? 2. Why where they eating their breakfast along with the guests?
The second morning we had the same small bowl of Blueberry's and Strawberrys, Baked Stuffed French Toast, along with juice and coffee. There were muffins brought in for us but only 8 muffins for 10 people so my wife and I had to share a muffin while those that were there early were able to have a whole muffine each.
A week later I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express at a much cheaper rate and the breakfast they served consisted of banana's, apple's, 3 different muffins, bagels, toast, pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and much more. While this was not prepared by a "chef" it was all very good and we had many more options to choose from.
We have stayed at many other Bed and Breakfast's and their breakfast's were 100 times better than what we received at The Fox & Grapes.
I would not recommend staying here simply due to the very poor breakfast received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fox and Grapes,where 1885 Victorian charm combines with Lake Country Cottage. We provide an adults only atmosphere, an amazing view of Seneca Lake, warm hospitality and good things to eat. Minutes from wineries and restaurants like Silver Thread Vineyards and Wagner's, Dano's, Suzanne's and the Stonecat Cafe. 1/2 Hour to Ithaca, 15 minutes to Watkins Glen and 1/2 hour from Geneva. Whether you want a romantic get-a-away or a place to simply "get away", the Fox and Grapes is the perfect place to begin and end your day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fox And The Grapes Bed & Breakfast
- The Fox & The Grapes Hotel Lodi
- The Fox And The Grapes Bed And Breakfast Lodi, NY - Finger Lakes