“Such an Amazing Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of D & K Ranch

D & K Ranch
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Lodi
More attraction details
Owner description: Our goal is to encourage and support the comfort of the rider while we advocate for respectful horsemanship and appreciate the beauty of the Finger Lakes. D & K Ranch will cater for groups of 2 to 4 on a guided ride in the Finger Lakes National Forest.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such an Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My family and I truly enjoy our horse riding experience. Specially my teenagers. This was they first time ever near a horse and they did not want to leave. Kelly was wonderful! She explain in detail what we need it to do. She paired us with the perfect horse based on our personality! I highly recommend it to any one visiting the Finger Lake area.

NY
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

I have been here several times. Each ride was different but perfect. The horses are calm and friendly. Kelly taught me basic horse commands and I felt like I was actually "riding a horse" and not on a merry go round like I felt like at other ranches. She has beautiful trails at the ranch itself, and the National Forest ride was awesome too! I will definitely be back.

Visited October 2013
Buffalo, New York
“A MUST-VISIT while touring the Finger Lakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great for those looking to get back in touch with nature. Kelly has a wonderful talent for matching horses with riders, and is a fun and personable guide through the trails. The horses too, all have unique and friendly personalities and it was interesting to learn about them and their stories. For those looking to escape city life for a bit, or enjoy a calm afternoon outdoors, D&K Ranch is must-visit if you're in the Finger Lakes.

Visited November 2013
kpaonessa, Owner at D & K Ranch, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Zach so great to have you visit us..We look forward to having you and your girlfriend visit us again for a National Forest Ride:) thanks -Kelly
Dundee, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great riding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have been to D & K Ranch a couple of times now and have thoroughly enjoyed my experiences. Kelly introduced to me to the horse I would be riding and explained his personality to me. Both times I have been we rode on beautiful trails. These were wonderful experiences with wonderful people and horses!

Visited October 2013
kpaonessa, Owner at D & K Ranch, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Joy - Always a pleasure to see you! We are looking forward spring riding and getting the horses back out in the Forest trails. They open back up May 15th! Lets Ride:)
Southington, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great first riding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I had never been riding but we wanted to give it a try and this was the perfect place for our first time. She introduced us to the horses and described their personality so we could choose the best one for us. I had Max and my boyfriend had Buck and both were great to ride. Kelly was great about teaching us some basic moves on the horse. She took us through the state park and then at the end took the horses in a pond to drink. Very cool!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kristi M
kpaonessa, Owner at D & K Ranch, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Kristi, It was great to meet you both and I am very glad you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you. ~ Kelly