“What an amazing experience!!!”
Review of Eremita Cellars

Eremita Cellars
Ranked #10 of 14 things to do in Lodi
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a late 1800's church, we are unique amongst our counterparts. Visit us for wine and beer tastings from Lost Kingdom Brewery, during normal business hours. Our space is available for wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions, private events, business events, and we also host several large holiday events throughout the year. We are located one block North of the 96 A and State Route 414 junction. Inside the church behind the ice cream stand. OUR TASTING ROOM IS CLOSED DURING THE MONTHS OF JANUARY AND FEBRUARY.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Eremita is an unique winery that has many things to offer. (Vs. the typical Finger lakes winery) I thoroughly enjoyed my experience from the moment I entered the amazingly renovated church. The ambience is warm and inviting, with a sense of historic flare. The homey sense comes from the dog Matouck that will greet you at the door. The owners are willing to come with talk and share their love for wine, which makes it a special experience. The wine is amazing and has many different variety varying from sweet to dry. I'm looking forward to my next adventure back! Thank you for the wonderful experience!

Eremita W, Events Coordinator at Eremita Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Cheers, Abbie.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had our reception at Eremita in July. Josh and Abbie were fantastic to work with. Our guests were amazed by the workmanship that has customized this church into a breath taking venue. Romance, romance, romance. If you are seeking ambiance look no further.

Thank you for your review Heather! We enjoyed your wedding party very much. Thank you for the champagne knife as well, I still keep it behind the bar and it is a great conversation piece. You had such lovely decor, and I enjoy seeing how our space transforms during weddings. cheers, abbie

Reviewed September 1, 2013

On Church Street in the sleepy hamlet of Lodi between two of the most beautiful of New York's Finger Lakes, Seneca and Cayuga; Eremita is a charming family winery with a twist. The tasting room is a cavernous room which once contained a sanctuary. Josh and Abbey have kept the architectural features, stained glass, gothic arches the choir loft and organ balcony, but have also added their personal touches, semi-circular mammoth tasting bar, a repurposed wine rack made out of the old pipe organ cabinet and faux stone wall treatments that create a positively medieval ambiance. Everything about Eremita makes wine tasting a unique experience. From their resident Great Dane mascot, Matouk, to the musicians and special guests, i.e. the exotic parrots of Jimmy Js Avian Rescue Center; you never know what you will see when you walk across their threshold. Of course all the ambiance would mean nothing without great wines and Eremita's offerings are award winning!

Thank you so much for your review. We enjoy hearing of others appreciation for our space, our vision, and our hard work. I hope to see you back again. Cheers, Abbie

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This winery offers a remarkable experience - good wines, great company and an excellent space that was rehabbed from a vacant church. Make it a must stop on the Seneca Lake wine trail east.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The setting here is quite neat: an old church with stained glass windows. The guy who owns it was the one who conducted the tastings. I purchased a bottle of the "Goddess" wine which is a semi-sweet red wine with a complex blend of fruits. Definitely multiple flavors going on with this one. While I liked all the wines I tasted (obviously "goddess" was my favorite), I LOVED the beers. All three of the craft brews were spot on delicious. Unfortunately, they'd run out of growlers, so I wasn't able to purchase anything. I'm curious to see how this winery progresses in years to come. These people love what they do.

Eremita W, Events Coordinator/Marketing at Eremita Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thanks for your review Megan! The beers were Good Natured Brewing out of Hamilton, NY. We'll be working with them for a while. Check back to facebook to see about new beers available for tastings! Cheers