See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 21, 2017

I grew up down the road from the Tides in the 1960s, and it was where my grandparents stayed on visits in those days when my parents were growing a family and room for guests was shrinking.

Back in the day The Tides might just as well have been named "The Tidy" as it was nothing special, but clean, well-run and very much of its time. For us kids the pool was a huge bonus, and today it is much as I remember - apart from the much taller privet. The rest of the motel is rather less so.

We arrived to our room in the late evening after a nice sunset dinner at the Bridge Marina Clam Bar. Temperatures were in the upper 80s. Upon opening the door the room was variably scented of funk and institutional cleaning fluids. The carpet was damp, as was the cushion on the one plastic deck chair. The AC worked, but the compressor, upon cycling down, thudded the housing like a fist. A cool bath came to naught when the drain stopper didn't work. Upon unfurling the bath mat a nest of spiders erupted into the bathroom floor. Finally, our sweaty, AC-free night was punctuated at irregular intervals by the gargling of the small refrigerator which resisted turning off as the frost caked around the freezer compartment would promptly and noisily begin melting.

We considered demanding another room, but had already installed ourselves for the night with wet bathing suits and whatnot everywhere. In the morning I spoke with the desk clerk, who noncommittally said to my list of defects "OK. We'll look into it."

Absolutely not worth the $130 paid, but really the only game in town and, for what it was worth, I satisfied my interest in revisiting.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank RM K
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

This was a necessary stay for a business trip. The staff was friendly and accommodating however the room was outdated and in need of renovations. The chair was ripped and the toilet had different colors between the bowl and lid. Walls needed a good cleaning and paint. It was a place to lay your head after a long day. Stay if you have no other choice. Also, the chocolate bar I purchased was old and stale

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank MrDavid14
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

loved the place. was old but could not ask for better location. right across from beach. next to amusement park. Restaurant, ice cream palor, bar all with on walking distance. As I said room was old. only hotel around. was clean and bed was comfy. only stayed 1 night. served it's purpose. Great area for family with kids.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

The place was clean & the gentleman at the front desk was extremely nice but this place was totally not worth $166 a night!! Maybe $50. This motel was the only available place in the area. It's so outdated that I felt like I was stuck in a time warp. The bed were only double size (no queen) we went on a chilly night & there was no heat. No wifi like we were told, not even a phone in the room to call the desk. Because of the OUTRAGEOUS PRICE for such a crappy place I will NEVER be going there again. It just wasn't worth it.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

So I needed a place for 2 nights during quick getaway & decided to try this little Motor Inn.
So, OVERALL it's a pretty 2* motor lodge.
The decor & furnishings, are pretty lower tier hotel ala Days Inn, Super 8.

The beds are ok. Not very comfy in my opinion. Definitely older. No pillow top at this location which is shocking bc you can get a good solid pillow Queen top at Costco for $450-. So that is a bit of a bummer.
The room sizes are okay. They are actually slightly on the larger size but not by a huge amount.
The rooms are VERY CLEAN which is a big plus.

The first night, I had an absolutely LOVELY Indian gentleman check me in. He could not be more pleasant. He was incredibly friendly, kind, cheerful, polite & efficient. Absolutely a wonderfully personable, engaging, conscientious & competent employee.

That night I had a 1 Queen on the side of the hotel: Room 17. It had a window unit AC that worked well. It also had a flat screen tv. It also had a fridge but no mw? Bed was ok but not hugely comfortable. It was VERY clean.

The second night, I had a 2 Queen on the back side of the hotel in Room 26. It was larger in both the living & bathroom area. However the AC was via a register & was controlled by the "thermostat" on the Wall. The AC thermostat had 2 settings: Off & On.
You then had to go to the register & make sure the dial was at 12 o'clock. (There was no legible setting on the dial bc it was so old aka 1960's). They also provided a wall fan.
The AC barely cooled the room. Fortunately, the days were pretty mild & the evenings were cool so it wasn't a problem. I would NOT recommend this room during JUNE OR JULY.

I absolutely recommend the rooms on the first floor on the front or side of the hotel. Inquire about the AC & Heat & PHYSICALLY CHECK OUT THE ROOM before you take it.

Just as an FYI: The second night the desk guy was 35-40 yrs old frizzy haired Caucasian guy. He was strange, cold, aloof, indifferent, & just rude. I am a very amiable, polite, kind person & it's always shocking to me when people are unpleasant, condescending or rude ESPECIALLY in the SERVICE INDUSTRY. It's THEIR JOB to be pleasant, kind, polite helpful,
& efficient.
He checked me in & I left.
Later that evening, he called my room bc HE LOST the signed receipt & FORGOT to have me complete a guest registration card. I happily & cheerfully obliged to his request. I actually thought because of his MISTAKES, he might actually be NICER & MORE FRIENDLY. NOPE. NOT AT ALL. This guy was EXACTLY THE SAME & wasn't even remotely apologetic or appreciative of my cooperation. I travel FREQUENTLY & have met & dealt with a vast array of people. This guy was just completely lacking ANY & ALL CUSTOMER SVC SKILLS. HE WAS HORRIBLE. WHY anyone would keep this guy employed in a FRONT END SERVICE INDUSTRY position is a complete mystery to me. Ugh. He was really awful.
He soured my entire experience bc of his rude attitude & behavior towards me. What a jerk.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo