“Dump”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lockport
New York
“Dump”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

There was no heat on in the room I rented its winter time people,I cleaned the heater filter was so plugged with looked to be 5 dead cats that much animal fur and hair,never did warm up in their had to go get our sleeping bags out of the truck to keep warm.Now I'm trying to get back 20 dollar's they debited from my bank acct. after I left now its been a good week later and they can't give me a straight answer about the money no manager ever their to address these problems.I'm told he will call me tomorrow well thats been a week no call and I call at all hours trying to catch him.then to top it off they told me the reason the heats off in the rooms is to save on money can you believe that it's true but he sure can count our money but can't speak ENGLISH just very poor attitude, It's sad for I grew up using Comfort inn they need to replace their staff soon for they don't care for the customer.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank FredrickNewYork

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
mansfield,pa
Reviewed November 1, 2009

We were in the area overnight and were looking for a Hampton Inn. There were no Hamptons in the immediate area so we chose this Comfort Inn, I have a choice rewards card which I gave the clerk. She couldn't bring up my info on their system. I've had the same problem many times before. I get tired of this sort of thing. These hotel chains want your business, however fail to keep up their side of the deal. To the room.........it was clean and smelled fresh. We were awakened by the guests next door as the noise level was not up to grade. Someone brought a dog along with them and it was barking at different times. Will we stay here again. Probably not. They are in the process of renovations and the breakfast bar was minimal. We're spoiled by the Hilton chain.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank pennsyman
Radnor, Pa
Reviewed October 2, 2009

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was that it was pet friendly. There is a great yard out back to run your dog. The hotel was clean and was convenient to the Lockport and Erie Canal attractions. Very friendly staff and good continental breakfast make this a great buy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Was dusty and dirty. I dropped my pen behind the night stand and when I reached down to get it, the ton of crap that was behind it made me sick. Dust, dirt and other pens, paper. It obviously hadn't been cleaned in quite some time. The toilet seat was broken and no one had cleaned the corners in the bathroom in a while either. Holes in the comforter and in the couch. The air conditioning unit was sticky. The walls were paper thin and the curtains were falling down. The jacuzzi bathroom was not private, it had an open window going into the bedroom. All in all, it was just dingy looking and not worth the money I spent. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank ryanv97

Travelers are raving about these Lockport hotels

N Central MA
Reviewed August 10, 2009

No bed bugs. Comfortable room. Wallpaper and paint is ready to be redone. Would stay again. Clerks friendly. Breakfast was your normal bagels, cereal, fruit, danish. I skipped it. We ate next door at the Holiday Inn's restaurant - delish. Very easy drive to Niagara falls from here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Willoughby, OH
Reviewed July 5, 2009

The hotel staff is pleasant and helpful, and very attentive about replenishing the food in the cheerfully decorated breakfast room. We appreciated having a micro/fridge in our room, and guest use computer near the lobby. The negative is that the our hotel room was showing its age -- dirty chair upholstery, sagging drapes, patches in the wallcovering, a shower with a slow drain; also poor lighting made it difficult to read. If I were traveling alone, I would have major safety concerns: the 1st floor outside door to the stairwell doesn't lock (so anyone can walk into the hotel unnoticed by the front desk). Unless you really slam the room door, it was possible to shut the door to our room without locking it -- also a safety problem! Although this is a small town, I would not feel safe in this hotel as a solo woman traveler.

In Lockport we enjoyed the trolley tour, Niagara Historical Society buildings, and Canal Discovery Center. For Tiffany glass entusiasts, be sure to see the stained glass windows at the 1st Presbyterian Churcht. The church provides "listening wands" with a recorded narrative of each biblical scene as well as technical information about the glass craftsmanship.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
griffin
Reviewed December 9, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for an overnight getaway. We booked a one bedroom suite and got a great price. The room was huge, clean and very comfortable. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I think we've ever encountered! Breakfast was included in the room price and it was wonderful.

• Liked — The free breakfast cut down on our expenses and the hotel is centrally located to all the shopping malls
  • Disliked — nothing, everything was great
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockport
Lockport Inn and Suites
#4 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Best Western Summit Inn
Best Western Summit Inn
#8 of 51 in Niagara Falls

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!