“A Disappointment”

Quality Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lockport
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We recently traveled to enjoy the Niagara Wine Trail and visit with friends. We decided to stay at the Comfort Inn where we have stayed before. we were very disappointed to see the condition of the room. The decorations are dated and dinghy. The stained and worn wallpaper was actually ripping off the walls. There were cobwebs in some corners and the carpeting needs to be replaced. On a positive note, the king sized bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean and crisp. The front desk personnel and the breakfast attendants were very helpful and pleasant. We mentioned our disppointment on the condition of the room and the front desk clerk informed us that the rooms are being updated. Not a moment too soon.

Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Uraqtjoy53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed March 9, 2012

The hotel gave me a $60/night rate which was awesome. They allow dogs and have a nice grassy field in the back. Carpet and walls were a little worn, but beds, pillows and towels were all newer and clean. Fridge, microwave and coffee maker were also in great shape. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BurlyBird
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 26, 2011

the rooms smell, like everyone said. The put the smokerrs on the main floor, so everyone above gets to smell it The wallpaper is patched-- to an art form. The decor is 1970's. The linens were bought the same year.

My mom lives in Wrights Corners, so we come he a lot to see family. I've stayed in all the Lockport hotels. The Holiday Inn next door is old and tired. The Lockport Inn is the nicest of the three, but it's a motel-- expect exterior entrances. My best experience is commuting in daily from Amherst/Clarence-- stay at the Staybridge Suites if they have a room-- but you'll pay considerably more. I've tried the Days Inn in Niagara Fals-- it's just as bad as the Lockport options.

The stay this time is only $70 a night over the Christmas holidays. My expectations are very low as we've stayed at this hole a few times. My hopes for improvement are always dashed.

• Stayed December 2011

Travelers are raving about these Lockport hotels

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I do a very lot of traveling for my job and stay in this town a lot as well. I used to stay at the Comfort Inn years ago when it was "corporate owned" along with the old Best Western next door. Back then it was the newest, most modern and cleanest hotel in town...period! I figured I'd try it again and was hugely disappointed. The owner/manager was rude and belittling to the female guest who was checking in before me which shocked me. To me he was just cold and abrupt, probably because he saw I was not pleased with how he treated the guest before. Getting past that, the room was pretty run down. What really got to me is when I closed the bathroom door and saw the floor was filthy with hair behind the door. Ewww! Breakfast was very sparse and unappealing, like as if it was the cheapest thing they could legally put out and still call it breakfast. I checked out after only one night of a scheduled 4 day stay. I hope the "corporation" takes it over again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom A
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Check in and out was fast and courteous. The room and facilities were clean and comfortable. The motel was quiet. A decent breakfast and coffee in room. Pillows were acceptable softness. A nice stay. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I would want to book away from Transit Road if possible. But not noisy anyway.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bristol PA
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I rented 4 rooms at this location on Oct 8th and 9th and the rooms were better than your typical comfort inn.

Staff was courtious and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank scalwag
Omaha
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Our room was clean and comfortable. Price was reasonable and the location was near Erie Canal activities. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful. We stayed one night. The breakfast buffet was good and the breakfast room clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank OmahaNEOmaha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockport
Lockport Inn and Suites
#4 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Best Western Summit Inn
Best Western Summit Inn
#8 of 51 in Niagara Falls

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!