“Local Hangout - Good Breakfast”
Review of Tom's Diner

Tom's Diner
Ranked #7 of 124 Restaurants in Lockport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Step Inside, Step Back in Time
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Wherever I travel, I try to find a local diner for breakfast. Tom's fits the bill. The customers are mostly local residents. Service is quick and friendly. The meal portions are reasonable and the prices are normal for a local diner.
Thursday mornings, the left side of the restaurant is fully occupied by a Toastmasters group, so you may want to avoid Thursdays, although there is seating on the right side.
The weekend specials include a biscuit with sausage gravy. Add a couple sunny side up eggs and you have the perfect Saturday morning breakfast.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This diner was super cute & everyone was friendly. We sat by the window overlooking the Lockport locks & it was so cool. We got to see a boat go through the locks & it was just a fun experience. I ordered a lunch entree while my mom & grandma ordered breakfast. Next time I will order breakfast. Their meals just looked so delicious. My meal was very good but I really wanted breakfast once I saw their plates.

1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Today was our first stop in to Tom's... we will surely be back soon! Our family, 2 adults, 2 children, 13 and 5, had breakfast here today. Our meals consisted of an omelet, waffle, strawberry pancakes, and child pancake. Everyone loved their food. My omelet was good, fresh and hot...but I raved about the home fries (w/onions)! My husband had waffle and home fries... he also LOVED the home fries! My daughter had the strawberry pancakes. She commented on how good they were; strawberryies weren't too sweet and pancakes were fluffy and yummy. My kids also had bacon which they gobbled up. It was cooked flat, but tasted great. Waitress was very nice, despite our bouncy 5 yr old.
Looking forward to the rest of their menu!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is one of those iconic local eateries that you just have to experience to really make your visit complete. Cool murals on the walls, knick-knacks, and local characters. Service was incredibly slow even though we got there just after the breakfast rush.
I had the bananas foster stuffed French toast which was amazing, plus a side of bacon and a scrambled egg. My wife had the Toms big breakfast, which she enjoyed.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Food was fresh and tasty. Had veggie wrap - mixed greens, tomato, cheese, onion, red peppers, cukes, etc on tomato wrap. Tortilla was soft. Fries were natural cut and delicious.

Husband had open faced turkey and said it was good but a bit generic.

Very short wait but there was only a handful of people in restaurant. Staff friendly.

They are open for breakfast and lunch only, so don't go too late after the lunch hour. Mixed 50's decor is small-town charming.