“Best meal in Lockport”

Dining options: Reservations
jclark809
“Best meal in Lockport”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

The food was fabulous. I tried the macaroni and cheese with ham, it was homemade and had the nice chessy cooked crust. Our main dishes were also very well made. This is located in a beautiful part of Lockport.

1 Thank jclark809

Tennessee
“Carmelized Onions...not so much...Otherwise :)”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went for dinner tonite with my hubby for my birthday. Ordered Steaks and we also had the Diablo Hot Pepper. If you like Stuffed Hot Peppers...get the Diablo...yummy. Lots of breading on top of the pepper...which was odd..otherwise it was a hit. Spicy and hot. Crustini bread to help cut the heat...was very good.

My steak was the Manhattans Sirloin..very good....EXCEPT for the extra "carmelized onion" (which I paid an extra $4 for)..they were dried out strands of onion skins as far as I could tell.

Service was very good. One waitress on shift as far as I could tell...but she did a great job!
When I sent back the first glass of wine (tasted like it had been opened a month ago...)..she didn't flinch..brought me back a great glass of wine.

Husband had "all you can eat" steak and shrimp. Shrimp was breaded.. if you want UNBREADED shrimp...an extra dollar. (seems like it should be the other way around....but whatever.) He seemed happy.

Ambiance pretty good. Family style...no special garb or anything. Friendly people, clean restaurant, good food. What more do you need??
:-)

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank MACinMTN
Clarence, New York
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was a bit of a ride for us but well worth it - once on lake street just past the Niagara county fair grounds on the left side. My Wife and I found this on restaurant.com and we will come back. The food was excellent, the service and our waitress (Kaitlynn) was excellent and friendly and the atmosphere was very good. I had a great strip steak and my wife was thrilled with her seafood platter. Also, the soup of the day, a spicy cheese chowder, was outstanding. Kudo's to the chef and staff!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mark M
Tonawanda, New York
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had to use our living social coupon before it expired. We could not use the coupon for any specials, so we found it "limited" to pick off the main menu. But, our choices were very satisfying. I had the sausage pattie appetizer with a sweet potato and my husband wanted a club (not offered) so he had the steak burger. Best burger he has ever had. Our compliments to the chef and our very informative and friendly server, Annette.
The atmosphere could use a bit of an upgrade, but the food and drinks (very good Long Island Teas), service and golf course view were all very enjoyable.

• Visited June 2013
East Amherst, New York
“still don't have it together”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Came back for the first time after a bad experience a couple years ago. The service was much improved but still problems. We arrived to a packed house at 6:15 on a Saturday night but within 15-20 minutes the place was emptying out. I guess everyone came for the early bird specials which went until 6. We were given two tiny pieces of bread to start. Two years ago the seafood bisque was creamy and delicious, flambeed tableside with chunks of crab, shrimp, scallop and lobster. Tonight there was no sign of flambee, a shot of sherry came with the bisque, I guess we're suppoed to pour it in ourself and light match? There were a few tiny scallops and a few large whole shrimp. The bisque was watery and loaded with mushrooms. Yuck! The lobster mac and cheese was good for mac and cheese but there was no lobster in sight. Entrees are overpriced but it seems just about everyone is using a coupon from restaurant.com or elsewhere.

Visited February 2013