“WAY better than expected!”

Lockport Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lockport
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I saw lots of good feedback on this hotel. I prefer a modern hotel so I wasn't sure what to make of this place based on the photos online. I took a chance and was happy with the results. The staff are top notch. Super friendly. Great to handle reservations and make changes without hassle. Not your big chain hotel here. You have to call and speak with someone to make reservations. Our room was huge. (my friend did have a very small room though with just one bed) We had two beds in our room. It could not have possibly been any cleaner. It was spotless. Other than outdated tubs/toilet colors and some other touches, the place was great. Don't let the photos scare you away. It is way better than you think. I'd stay here again if I came through town.

Room Tip: The pool area can be a bit noisier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 13, 2013

An excellent place to stay if you are visiting Lockport , Buffalo, or Niagara County areas. The rooms could be updated a little. Overall it is very clean, the beds are very comfortable, and the management extremely friendly and helpful. For what you are getting, you can't beat the price. The owner of this hotel remembered that my father who has since passed away stayed there. He gave me the same room as my father always had. Can't beat that kind of personal attention. I will definitely be back for my next family reunion.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here at the recommendation of my parents who had stayed there in the past. Very large and clean room. Carpet in the bathroom was a little weird, but the sink out side bathroom, Jacuzzi tub, fridge and microwave made the room great for a small getaway. Fireplace was fake in the cheaper room, will go for the up grade for the real fireplace next time. Staff is very nice and offered recommendations for local places to eat. Pool wasn't open yet as we visited in Spring, but looked clean and well kept. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the newly remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is one of the best Inns we have ever stayed at. We were in a suite with two queen beds, large sitting area, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, fridge and microwave. The room is immaculate and the beds were very comfortable. There is a large closet to hang clothes up and put suitcases in. I loved how the bathroom had its own sink to wash your hands and another sink outside of the bathroom to allow others to get ready at the same time. The only thing I would change is to replace the carpet in the bathroom with tile. Otherwise it wasn't a problem. We were in town for a baseball tournament. The grounds with the flowers, decorative garden items and gazebos are gorgeous! Each room has white wicker furniture outside of the door/window to lounge on. The pool was very clean but the water was a little cool. The kids found it refreshing! The room offers hundreds of free movies with just a call to the office! There is shopping and many food places nearby. There is also a drive-in theatre down the road. This location is close to Niagara Falls! We also went to a Buffalo Bisons game which was only a 20 minute drive to downtown. I will definitely bring my family back here again and look forward to our next vacation here! Thank you Lockport Inn for being such gracious hosts and taking care and pride in your property!!

Room Tip: We were in a suite on the ground floor at the back of the property and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debilena
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Sure when you pull in you think the place is very out dated, that I will agree with, but the minute you check in it's like you have just arrived at your grandma's house. From the warm feeling you get from the staff to the VERY CLEAN!!!! I mean VERY CLEAN, and fresh smelling comfortable rooms. I Have stayed at the high end Disney properties many times and I can honestly say Lockport Inn and Suites cleanliness is on par with them, if not better. My wife and I will find a reason soon to go back and visit, thank you Dick, Mary Lou and your family for making your visit with our daughter, son-in law and grandson so wonderful!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the oldest part toward the road room 111 and WOULD ask for that room again.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at the other hotels on Transit because I recognized their national names, but I was not impressed with their normal plain conditions. After reading some reviews I decided to stay here. What a great decision! My room was charming, cleaner than most other hotels, especially the bathroom, I had the extra pillows I wanted, nice TV. Every inch of the outside landscaping showed thought, care and uniqueness, it was beautiful with mature plantings. Every direction I looked I found something of interest. I made my phone calls from the charming gazebo. I used the pool, even though the water was cool, it was sparkling clean. I couldn't have been happier with the helpfulness of the staff. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KathyK8548
Reviewed July 24, 2013

How anyone has ever rated this beyond one star is beyond me. This place is the stuff horror movies are made out of and had it not been on a main road I would have re-booked with personal funds elsewhere. It screamed horror movie all over it. Disgusting carpeted bathroom, hair on the towels, some towels even still wet, mold & rust in the shower that wouldn't drain while I was showering, stains on the curtains. I had to sleep in my clothes. The place is terribly outdated, sketchy and not clean whatsoever The place screams rape, drug deals and murder.

Poor staff too.

Room Tip: There is a Best Western & Comfort Inn a 1/4 mile up, get a room there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business