“I'm 52 years old and I can honestly say I have NEVER stayed at a better motel!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lockport Inn and Suites

Lockport Inn and Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lockport
Swartz Creek, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Sure when you pull in you think the place is very out dated, that I will agree with, but the minute you check in it's like you have just arrived at your grandma's house. From the warm feeling you get from the staff to the VERY CLEAN!!!! I mean VERY CLEAN, and fresh smelling comfortable rooms. I Have stayed at the high end Disney properties many times and I can honestly say Lockport Inn and Suites cleanliness is on par with them, if not better. My wife and I will find a reason soon to go back and visit, thank you Dick, Mary Lou and your family for making your visit with our daughter, son-in law and grandson so wonderful!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the oldest part toward the road room 111 and WOULD ask for that room again.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robert C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Murphy, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at the other hotels on Transit because I recognized their national names, but I was not impressed with their normal plain conditions. After reading some reviews I decided to stay here. What a great decision! My room was charming, cleaner than most other hotels, especially the bathroom, I had the extra pillows I wanted, nice TV. Every inch of the outside landscaping showed thought, care and uniqueness, it was beautiful with mature plantings. Every direction I looked I found something of interest. I made my phone calls from the charming gazebo. I used the pool, even though the water was cool, it was sparkling clean. I couldn't have been happier with the helpfulness of the staff. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KathyK8548
Troy, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

How anyone has ever rated this beyond one star is beyond me. This place is the stuff horror movies are made out of and had it not been on a main road I would have re-booked with personal funds elsewhere. It screamed horror movie all over it. Disgusting carpeted bathroom, hair on the towels, some towels even still wet, mold & rust in the shower that wouldn't drain while I was showering, stains on the curtains. I had to sleep in my clothes. The place is terribly outdated, sketchy and not clean whatsoever The place screams rape, drug deals and murder.

Poor staff too.

Room Tip: There is a Best Western & Comfort Inn a 1/4 mile up, get a room there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra S
Bradford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was a wonderful experience! The staff was so nice and helpful. The place was charming and so so clean. The price was wonderful. Definitely worth the stay. If I am ever in the area again I will stay here for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lisamj5
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We recently had my daughter's wedding in nearby Gasport and needed a place for our out-of-town guests to stay. There are only three hotels in Lockport and after visiting them we suggested our guests stay at the Lockport Inn and Suites as their first choice. It is a family owned and operated facility. We had guests in every type of room the Lockport Inn and Suites offered from singles up to the suite with the heart shaped jacuzzi and fireplace. The rooms are SPOTLESS! The staff friendly. I accidentally left my mother-of-the bride gown at the hotel and we had a call on our home phone letting us know it was there. They were kind enough to send it back to me. If this had been a big chain hotel, someone else would be wearing my dress. I can't say enough good things about this facility!

Room Tip: Get a suite, it's worth the money, they are lovely!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicki D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice place will go back surely. I was not expecting what i saw, well greeted by the hosts and also the room (2 queen beds for 4) was very spacious with clean carpet running through out the suite amd a well maintained property. It being july 4th weelend and last minute booking felt price was little high.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I used to live in Lockport and still go back to visit my family. I used to stay at the Holiday Inn (formerly Best Western) or the newer Comfort Inn. But I tried this place for the weekend and will never go back to the others. I always felt this place did not have the best reputation when I lived in Lockport, but now it is great. Nice big clean rooms (way cleaner than the other hotels) and a comparable price. I stayed in one of the suites which had high ceilings, fireplace, jaccuzi, and nice bathroom.

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockport
Hampton Inn Lockport - Buffalo
Sheraton At The Falls
Sheraton At The Falls
#4 of 50 in Niagara Falls
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,683 reviews

Been to Lockport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!