“What a GREAT surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lockport
Belhaven, North Carolina
“What a GREAT surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Wanted to stop before going into Niagara Falls Canada the next morning. WOW, what a pleasant surprise. The rooms were amazing....so clean and hugh!!! The owners were very pleasant and told us of a place to go for dinner. ( Would have never found it on our own). Don't stay at the major hotel chains if you are planning on visiting Niagara Falls, this place was the BEST price for what you got!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Derwood, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed there while visiting family and it was totally awesome. The price was a little bit high until you realize how much you actually get for your money. We stayed in one of the suites with a jucuzzi and fireplace. It was like being on a honeymoon! Everyone was friendly and very helpful. They had just renovated several of the rooms and the one we stayed in just had been renovated. The exterior was meticulous and we were extremely pleased with our stay.
I would recommend this place to everyone needing a place to stay in Lockport NY!!

Room Tip: If you can afford it - stay in room 118- it's got everything!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Loretto Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here Oct 13th. Greeted with a warm friendly welcome, room was fantastic. King room with jacuzzi and fireplace. Cost was $135 -ish. Not sure if it was recently carpeted because it was so clean. I had read other reviews about musty smell etc and was leery. All the room that we "peeked" in the windows looked great too. Very nicely decorated.We had fridge, micro, separate sink from the bathroom (yaaa) and the cleanest hotel jacuzzi I've seen. My only concern, in time the carpet in the bathroom and around the jacuzzi will be damaged from water?? It was so quiet too. Didn't hear anything at night. Our room was in the furthest building at the back, second floor. Grounds were nicely kept too. We will definitely stay here again....and do the Erie Canal Boat Tour a second time. It was awesome.

Room Tip: rooms in the 170's to 180's seem to be the nicest....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Prospect, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent 3 nights here while in town visiting family. I really didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised by the meticulous grounds, large room, and overall cleanliness. As other reviewers have noted, the owners seem to take pride in their inn and that is truly reflected. The only negative aspect I would raise is the carpeting in the bathroom. While it seemed clean like every other part of the room, I couldn't help but wonder if the toilet had ever overflowed onto the carpet. All in all, we will definitely return when in town again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Warren, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect, was pleasantly surprised. The owners were extremely friendly & and you could tell that they take pride in their establishment. The grounds are lovingly landscaped with little benches and nooks and crannys to sit in. Flowers, scrubs very attractive. Room may have needed a bit of updating, but it was very clean. My #1 priority. Bed was not so soft or to hard - just right! (Sounds like the 3 bears). They originally had me booked into a room in the very front, however, decided to put me in a room that was on the inside so that I would feel safer (woman traveling alone). Their idea, not mine, I appreciated their concern. I was doing a craft show in Lewiston, NY, approx. 30 miles west of Lockport. Left my paperwork in my hotel room by mistake. Got to Lewiston to set up my canopy & displays so I would be ready for the next day. Could not remember my booth number & could not find the people who were in charge of the show. Did not want to drive an hour back & forth to Lockport to get my paperwork. Called the hotel and explained the situation to the owner, who proceeded to go to my room, call me back on my cell, gave me the info I needed. I was greatly appreciative - I don't think that many hotels/motels would do that. If you are looking for an overpriced, modern, sterile hotel then this is not the place for your. If you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, friendly place to stay, then stay here. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DebbieM1952
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was surprised by the comments of a reviewer on September 19. I have stayed at this location many times over the last few years and have had nothing but positive experiences. Yes, the bathrooms have a slightly vintage decor, but the long-standing local owners clearly take great pride in maintaining the overall quality. There are a number of room options ranging from basic bed and bath to units with kitchens. I've stayed in 2 types of mid-range type rooms, one with one bed and a second with two beds. The furnishings are good quality and comfortable, and the rooms are always impeccably clean. Free wifi is available and has always worked well for me. The electric fireplace is fun in the winter.

There are no better choices in Lockport. I have previously stayed a few times at both the Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn. The Comfort Inn has surly owners who take no pride in the condition of their hotel or the free "breakfast" they provide. You can see my earlier review of the Comfort Inn including a photo of a so-called renovation there. The Holiday Inn is better, but I have had maintenance issues and problems accessing wifi in some rooms.

Room Tip: I suggest a room off the main street, either with one or two bedrooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Teensiecat
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

First room we were put looked like it was right out of the movie psycho, right down to the dated carpet. It smelled musty and only 1 out 2 windows opened allowing for little air movement. We complained and were upgraded, at our expense to a room in a different building. While this room no longer looked or smelled of 1960, the furnishings were still extremely dated. The thing that grossed me out the most was the fact that the carpet looked as old as I am and carried through to the bathroom. We were there visiting with friends and each one of their rooms had dated carpet throughout, including into the bathroom. We were so grossed out by the carpet, we took to wearing shoes the entire stay and would not let our skin touch it! We did have a fairly uneventful night until we tried to check out. As we were gathering outside our rooms with our friends, we were just making sure we had everything including the keys to turn in and an older man who was lurking around our rooms obviously anxious to get in and clean them, shouted at us: "Turn in your keys, would ya!" That is what we had planned on doing, so we all just shook our heads and loaded up for the main office to check out. We checked out without issue, or so we thought. As we went to pull out to enjoy a nice good-bye breakfast, our car was pounded on and the same hot tempered old man ran up to the window, yelled at my husband to roll down the window, and proceeded to shout at him, calling him kid and son and claiming we damaged a table. He was so enraged I thought he was going to punch him right there and then. We pulled back in and had the manager meet us in the room to inspect the "damaged" table, which turned out to be what looked like normal wear and tear, but the hot head continued to berate us, telling us it was brand new and put in there the day before our visit, even though nothing looked newer than 1990 in this place and wanted us to pay $250 for it. We finally had had it and left telling the manager we were not happy. As if this weren't bad enough, a week later, I look at my credit card statement and they actually put the damage charge on my card! I can not believe this place and wanted to warn everyone out there, DO NOT stay here, unless you want to be yelled at and stolen from!! Never again Lockport, We will just keep driving the next time we are near by!

Room Tip: Keep Driving, there is a Comfort Inn up the road! DO NOT stay here!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank s m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lockport
Hampton Inn Lockport - Buffalo
Sheraton At The Falls
Sheraton At The Falls
#4 of 50 in Niagara Falls
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,683 reviews

Been to Lockport Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!