“BBQ is so hard to do”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My Wife and I travel all over the country and we always enjoy a good BBQ place. This place was very good and the flavor is spot on. Not too much smoke and just the right amount of seasoning.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Not many restaurants smoke their ribs and chicken with large hickory logs. This is another local Lockport treasure, sitting right on Transit Road. As with many other area restaurants, the service is excellent and friendly. The smoked anything is terrific.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stopped in One Eyed Jacks today - just delicious! I enjoyed the bbq pork, with sides of baked beans and potato salad. Just awesome! Different bbq than I was expecting - the pork did not arrive dripping in sauce - I added my own. The flavor was just excellent! The pork was cooked so tender, it fell apart! The other person in my party had the catfish - and that was equally excellent! Fried, but not in a heavy batter. The service was great! The place was getting very busy as we were there. What a great place. Prices very reasonable - in addition to the dinners we enjoyed, we had coffee and a diet coke - the total bill was $28. Not bad for all the food we received. Each of us brought half of our dinner home! Be sure to visit One Eyed Jacks! It is so worth it!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was here to try the pulled pork. I really enjoy going places and trying new BBQ. Of all the places I have been, this was not my favorite. It was not bad. Just have had a lot better in other states. I did think there BBQ sauce was pretty good. But that being said , if it's done right. You don't need extra sauce .

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Reasonably priced, with smokey flavor, but not overwelming. The sampler plater has chicken, beef, and ribs all done to perfection. The chili cheese fries are amazing. I can never finish the meal, and they have always been plesant about boxing the renmainder. Once I was in the area mid afternoon and stopped for dessert (it had looked so good) & coffee; it was amazing! But I couldn't resist getting dinner to go... the aroma of the smoked food...
You want to tell the world about this restaurant on one hand but then again you want to keep it quiet so you dont have to wait forever for a table.

Been to One Eyed Jacks? Share your experiences!