“Solid Barbecue” 5 of 5 bubbles

One Eyed Jacks
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Lockport
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Solid Barbecue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Consistently good food at low prices. The menu is very simple and the location is very convenient. I would recommend to those who like barbecue.

• Visited May 2013

Buffalo, NY
“I Don't Get It....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Well, this visit to One-Eyed Jacks was "STRIKE TWO" for us, and there is no reason to step back up to the dinner plate!
It's not cozy, warm, or "smoky" in the dining room at all -- if you had a blindfold on, you would never guess you are in a BBQ joint.
This is the second time that our orders were rushed out of the kitchen barely warm, yet ironically dry and over-cooked, which means one thing: The food is prepared earlier than ordered and then sits around waiting to be reheated when someone orders it! I have to assume that's the way they do things here, and we don't like it.
Who wants dry chicken?...or Ribs that were so overcooked they "crumbled" off the bone??
Not us.
Add to that the lackluster service and "paper plate" side dishes, and we can find MUCH better local BBQ restaurants to enjoy a meal at.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why the parking lot always seems crowded? May be that folks in Lockport don't like to cross over into the next county???
"See-ya, One-eyed Jack!"

1 Thank Barry D
Buffalo, New York
“Small Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is definitely one of the best I've been to in the entire Buffalo-Niagara region. I was impressed both by the food and the service. The menu was varied and well-priced; and I liked their emphasis on natural ingredients. The waitress that served us knew well all the items on the menu and was able to make good and accurate recommendations. I had their small ribs with raspberry BBQ sauce and was very happy with how tender the meat was and how smooth and flavorful the sauce was. The sides were fantastic as well and they had options like apple sauce and corn casserole that similar places don't offer.

I went there on a Saturday for lunch. It wasn't planned; we were in the area for another reason and saw that it had good reviews on Google Places. I'm so glad we went in. There were few people and we got seated and served right away. I've definitely recommended it to other people.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ana H
canada
“Very Good Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We would not have found this place were we not lost, gald we were. Staff was fantastic. Loved being able to see meat being prepared to be smoked through the viewing window. The aroma of the place is great. The pulled pork was amazing. Kids enjoyed the burgers. Woud return if we find it again.

• Visited March 2013
Covington
“Average BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

upon entering the restaurant i liked the cozy atmosphere. The smells of smoke and tasty aromas filled the air, and i couldnt wait to dig in. We were greeted with a "sorry we are short handed today and we were doing the best that we can". i admit thats a problem that any restaurant will face but that was hardly our problem as a customer. We waited aprox. 25 minutes to get a table even though i could clearly see two empty tables in the dining room and other tables at the bar area that wasnt even suggested by the staff. their was a party of two that was put ahead of us even though they came in after we did. i ordered the large sample platter with chicken ribs and brisket. my chicken was just under dried out my brisket was moist and tender but really salty. the ribs were really their best meat. my two sides were potato salad and bbq baked beans...well nothing to write home about for my sides. my girlfriends meal had the chicken and rib combo. once again her chicken was dryer than mine and her ribs were as good as mine

• Visited March 2013