“Not nearly what it used to be.”
Review of Molinaro's

Molinaro's
Ranked #19 of 124 Restaurants in Lockport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife picked up a pizza here for the first time in YEARS just to try it again.. When the place used to run their restaurant in the house/building behind their current location they used to have FANTASTIC meals and great pizza !!! What happened once they moved in to the current place ?? Their pizza is just not the same and I can't understand why. For one, I don't like chunks of tomato in the sauce on my pizza and their sauce is 'chunky'. Secondly I don't really care for their sauce. I don't know.. It's probably just me. I'll stick with Lock City and Pizza Oven any day of the week.

2  Thank HipD3
There are newer reviews for Molinaro's

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The menu has a lot of great choices. Great pizza and subs as well as italian favorites. You can't leave without stopping at the bakery.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Driving back to where our motorhome was after spending the day at Niagara Falls. Saw Molinaro's while driving past. Looked nice and clean on the outside so thought we'd give it a try. Wow... the Jambalaya was loaded with shrimp, chicken and sausage. Smothered in a delightfully spicy sauce. Boxed halve of the generous portions and had plenty of food for the next day. The wait staff was pleasant and efficient. The restaurant was clean, the prices are fair, and we enjoyed our dinner in every way. If I lived within 50 miles I'd visit often.
Tom Charlton

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I had a late lunch at Molinaro's on a Saturday.

We had a half Italian sub, a whole Royal sub, fries, a side salad, and cannollis. The side salad was good, fresh and large. The fries were steak fries without any coatings, breading or seasoning - our favorite fries. My wife enjoyed her Italian half sub. I was disappointed in my royal (italian sausage and cappicola) sub. A typical royal should have slices of cappicola. This had pieces. More importantly, the royal should have very thin sub-shaped patties of Italian sausage. This had large chunks of Italian sausage. The typical royal provides a mouth-watering mixture of italian sausage and cappicola with each and every bite. Not here. The chunks were too large to stay on the roll and didn't allow you to close up the sub. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not as good as it could have been. At least it was served on a Costanza's roll.

We saved the cannollis for later that night. They were excellent. Molinaro's has a bakery and take out area that has lots of good looking baked goods worthy of consideration.

The atmosphere is average, and service was a bit rough. There's plenty of parking.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were a group of 30 and we couldn't have been treated any better. The food was outstanding and well worth the very reasonable prices they charged. A must visit.