“Good pizza”

Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lockport, NY
“Good pizza”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This pizza goes back to the Pontillos recipe which is a rather unique pizza. It is usually good and VERY hot. One of the only places in Lockport (at last visit anyway) that doesn't have a sweet sauce option.

• Visited May 2013

Lockport, New York
“The best 'real' pizza in the area”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Lock City (formerly Pontillo's) is what you get when you think of real pizzaria style pizza from an old-school pizza shop. You definitely pay for it but it's that good. When you pick the pizza box up you can FEEL the difference. They use real toppings and real hand tossed dough. It's the real deal. Expect to wait for your order because they're mobbed practically any night you order but it's worth the wait. Remember, this pizza isn't the average run-of-the-mill type pizza where you can sit down and eat a large pie by yourself, it's thick and heavy. I heavily recommend it over any other pie I've ever had in the Lockport/Buffalo area.

• Visited March 2013
Lockport, New York
“It depends on who's working”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had Lock City's pizza since the father owned it on Walnut Street and it was called Pontillo's. He used to throw the dough at me up on the glass while I'd watch him press out the pies. It can be very inconsistant at times. I've had pizzas that were awsome and picture perfect, and I've had burnt pies too. If you like your pizza thicker, ans for a thick crust. They'll do it, no problem. If not, just order regular. On the right night though, you can't beat their pizza. The crust is Very good, and I've tried plenty from aroud the area, and we always end up going back to Lock City. It's the only place in town that you'll ever have to wait an hour to pick up your pie (I mean, no delivery, you go and get it), so I think that must mean lots of people like their pies. I prefer the smalls over the larges, but thats me. I think the large is too limp in the middle, but some people love the center pieces on the large, so it's up to you. Either way, I know lots of people love their pies, and it's in their crust and sauce, it's delicious. And don't complain about poor service, you get in and get out, their pretty busy in their. So stop whinning about service in a real pizza shop. If you're worried about friendy service, go to pizza hut. I'm sure they'll put on a fake smile for you any day of the week.

• Visited January 2013
Cogan Station, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“poor service”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

pizza is ok. Some times they burn it. Inconsistant quality for sure.
I have ordered it quite a few times over the years because my wife and sister-law remember liking it when they were younger. Well 1/2 the time they have wondered what happened.
AND when they tell you "pick it up in 45 minutes or an hour", give them an extra 20 minutes. I have gone in, more than once, when the pizzas were supposed to be ready only to watch them make my pies and cook them while I wait.
Unhappy Customer

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sonia A
“I LOVE their pizza!!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

It was Friday night and my sister and I figured this place would be VERY busy, so we ordered by phone and picked our pepperoni pizza up. It was GREAT!!!! I was particularly interested in trying it because I had heard that they have the ORIGINAL recipe from Pontillo's Pizzeria in Lockport. My friends and I used to go to Pontillo's every chance we had,and we LOVED the pizza.

The pizza is VERY much like I remember it, except that the crust was thicker than it was in the late l960's. It was absolutely delicious!

• Visited March 2012

Been to Lock City Pizza? Share your experiences!