Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great trip

Loved being on the Erie Canal and going through locks 34 and 35. Informative narration. Staff were... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Linda C
Lockport Locks

Great time! About a two hour cruise through the locks and then the lower canal. The captain was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Linda S

Recommended experiences in and around Lockport
from $20.00
More Info
from $25.00
More Info
All reviews erie canal boat captain hour cruise snacks and drinks niagara falls great cruise top deck gift shop two hours informative cruise both directions cruise takes water level first hand aaa discount well worth the trip history lesson
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking forward to going on a Saturday cruise and ordered the tickets online but prior to on Monday I emailed them without a reply. No big deal. I ordered the tickets, paid and received my confirmation. Still not a problem. We arrived in plenty of time to get a spot in line only to find out after all that, I still needed tickets because the website never showed my order even though I had it on my phone. We couldn’t board the boat and had to go inside at which point we became the last people to board and unable to find a seat. All of our planning sank fast. Finally I found a family that was sprawled out and asked them to share since we didn’t have seats. Kudos to the captain for a great ride but your online reservations need to be updated and if tickets are required after an online transaction, please state that in your policy. I could have easily done that while standing in line instead of being inconvenienced and missing out on most of the captains talk and more importantly a seat.

1  Thank DLDS
MikeM808, Public Relations Manager at Lockport Locks & Erie Canal Cruises, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank You for commenting. I see we have several issues here. You say that you emailed us without a reply. To whom did you send the email? As for your purchase. Yes, you need to present your receipt to receive your Boarding Pass. It is no different than purchasing tickets to a sporting event, theater production, movie, airline, etc. You need to present your receipt to receive your boarding pass/admission ticket. Regarding seating. We do not offer assigned seating because 50% of typical passengers get up and move around the boat during the tour. I am sorry you do not like our online reservation system. We use a highly rated national company that specifically does business with tour and activity companies. And through it all, we are happy you did enjoy the ride.

If this response is not satisfactory to you. Please do call our office and ask to speak to the Owner. He is very much attuned to high-quality service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is an awesome tour. I highly recommend taking the time to enjoy the ride through the locks. The information is very interesting.

Date of experience: September 2019

We are happy that you had a nice experience with us. We are continually amazed that the canal was constructed by non-engineer farmers and townsfolk.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a delightful time on this cruise, learning a lot about a seldom-discussed period of American history. We followed the cruise with time at the Erie Canal museum, and left with a deep appreciation for the canal's contributions to the development of the U.S.

1  Thank Debora141
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everyone should do this. It's only a short drive from Niagara. The crew was great and the captain's commentary was fabulous.

1  Thank Mary M

Thank You very much for your response. It is appreciated. I will be sure to let the Boat Captain and Crew know.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You don't have to be a history major to appreciate some of the interesting information you will gain from this trip. The Captain had a lot to tell, most of which you wouldn't get in any general book. He really made it interesting and imformative.

Date of experience: September 2019

Thank You for taking the time to respond. But, I am confused. You gave us a nice compliment but gave us a Poor Rating. Is this a rating error or factual?