“CLEAN & FRIENDLY”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Liverpool
Kingston
“CLEAN & FRIENDLY”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here for a weekend shopping trip. The room was clean, beds extremely comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was quite ample and the area was kept clean and well stocked. I would definitely recommend this hotel for location to restaurants, events, shopping. We drove to the Waterloo Outlets which was about 1/2 hr. away. Applebee's was right beside the hotel and a number of stores you could walk to. Great Northern Mall just a 3 min. drive.

This hotel also has an indoor pool which was great as we had an 8 yr. old and 3 yr old with us. They enjoyed the pool and the popcorn that is offered as a snack at night.

Also, this is a smoke free hotel which I think all hotels should be now.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor West facing and it was quiet. I think any room would probably be the same.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Nicole D, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind compliments regarding the Fairfield Inn Clay. We pride ourselves to make sure our staff gives the best customer service possible and to make sure that we are committed to cleanliness. We hope that when you return to the area that you will again be our guests.
Cordially,
Nicole Dodge/AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott in Liverpool for a weekend shopping trip. This was the first time I had stayed in the Liverpool area, so it was great to learn that there were so many shopping options in that area.

The hotel itself was OK. The facility was dated. The bathroom was in need of a renovation. The room was, however, clean.

The breakfast was a disappointment. The selection of food left a lot to be desired. Our selection was essentially limited to cereal, bagels and the waffle maker – and that was pretty much it. I noticed that there was a microwave that described how to heat up a breakfast sandwich, but there were none to be found. The first day, in particular, was a zoo when we arrived in the dining room and the woman responsible for breakfast was struggling to keep up with the crowd. When we chatted, she said that they were unexpectedly busy and that they had not received their food delivery. Interestingly, having read other trip advisor reviews, I see this is a recurring problem for this hotel. I felt compassion for this woman who was on the front line dealing with this breakfast deficit.

The situation that has colored whether I would return to this hotel was that on our second evening in the hotel, someone from the front desk entered our room. We did not receive a phone call announcing that he was coming to our room. He did not knock on the door before he opened it. Here we were, two single women sitting on our beds as some strange man started to enter our room. I promptly jumped out of bed, shut the door, and locked it. As I shut the door, all he said was, “I work here”. A few minutes later he called the room and kept saying he worked at the hotel. The only thing he had to say for himself was that he nearly got his finger caught in the door when I shut it. There was not explanation why he was trying to enter our room. Then he called a second time to ask who we were. It took a third call before we understood that he had made an error when he checked us in the previous day, and had not noted that we were staying two nights. We barely got an apology for him having scared us half to death and at that, it was not sincere.

As we were checking out of the hotel the next morning, the person at the front desk asked what had happened. His colleague on the evening shift had left a noted that we had treated him like he was breaking in. We received a genuine apology from that gentleman and his colleague in housekeeping, which I appreciated. It was, however, interesting to hear the housekeeping person say that they generally do not knock before entering a room. What was surprising was that they did not offer to do anything to make up for that unsatisfactory experience.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank TravellingShopper18
Annemarie E, Manager at Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for your constructive criticisms. I appreciate your frustrations , in particular that with the front desk agent entering your room unannounced. It was a most unusual and unfortunate incident for which neither he nor I cannot sufficiently apologize. As a single woman who travels frequently I can certainly identify with your concern which is why I try to stress that the comfort of our guests feeling safe and secure must be a priority in order to run a successful business. The agent believed he was checking the housekeeping status of a late-checked-out room and in his haste he had the incorrect room and also did not follow common place procedure to first knock and announce his presence. I assure you that mistake will never repeat itself and I am ashamed it ever took place. Please accept my personal apology. When ever in this area again I hope you will call on me personally and I assure you a welcomed reception and a "no surprise" , peaceful evening.
Syracuse
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife & I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. It was nice for the price. The staff was very friendly. It is close to a lot of shopping and many restaurants. And we did not know this at the time we booked. They have an indoor heated pool. For the price you just can't go wrong.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor away from the highway. Very nice & quiet.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is showing its age. Our room on the third floor smelled of stale cigarette smoke. Room was clean enough however with a newer heating/air conditioning unit. Ran out of food at breakfast on a Monday morning "due to a busy weekend." Staff was friendly and helpful. Good shopping nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GazeboCanada
Anaheim, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I normally stay at Courtyards, but non in the area and since I want the Marriott points reserved a room at the Fairfield. From the photos on line, it look like it was updated by no such luck. No gym, no flat screen tvs like the new style Fairfields. Asked for a quiet room and they put me on the hwy side - asked to change next day (afternoon) and housekeeping staff had left and they could not change my room. I had a meeting across the street at the Hampton, which was new, had a great gym and hot breakfast. While I like my Marriott points, next time in the area it's the Hampton hands down (and price was the same as Fairfield).

Room Tip: Make sure you are not on highway side of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Paid 159.00 per night due to it being an event weekend. The facility was old but clean. Air conditioner worked great. Needs updating but again it was clean. The staff was very kind and helpful when our toilet would not flush. Overall good experience but overpriced.

• Stayed October 2011
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at this place in connection with a trip to Syracuse University. I wasn't looking for anything special for just one night and I have always had good luck with Fairfield. But the hotel is showing it's age. The cleaning needs improvement. Some popcorn from prior guest under desk, bathroom tub could have been cleaner, trash can in breakfast area literally overflowing with no space for breakfast stuff.

My room was $153+ tax. Not a good value.

• Stayed August 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liverpool
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
Hampton Inn Syracuse Clay
#2 of 11 in Liverpool
Maplewood Suites Extended Stay - Syracuse/Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
Best Western Plus Liverpool-Syracuse Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Syracuse North - Airport Area
Comfort Suites Cicero - Syracuse North

Been to Fairfield Inn Syracuse Clay? Share your experiences!